XXXIV. Superstitions

--

Third Person's POV

"Two of the biggest stars in the business industry will have their wedding today. Known for being the most eligible bachelor, Draco Lucius Malfoy, will be married later to the Fashion Princess, Hermione Jean Granger. Veronica Guillory, reporting live, here at the Granger's Residence to witness this big event, The Wedding of the Year. We'll have a live question and answer portion with the princess's parents, none other than Jean and Dan Granger, after the break." a woman said, having her television report for today's big event. Numerous reporters were waiting outside to catch a glimpse of the preparations of the garden wedding of Hermione and Draco.

Meanwhile, Hermione was on her wardrobe, preparing with her maids. Pansy was doing Hermione's hair and make up while Lavender was checking Hermione's bridal gown for some scratches or defects. Ginny, her maid of honor, was dressing up with her gray floor-length turtle-neck sleeveless gown with numerous emerald.

"Wow Lavender, just wow." Ginny exclaimed while looking on her reflection and the bump on her tummy on the human sized mirror.

"Thankyou. It's my pleasure doing a gown for a pregnant lady." said Lavender teasingly and brushed the invisible dust on the bridal gown placed on the mannequin. Lavender was wearing an emerald green off-shoulder knee-length dress.

"Hey! Don't annoy that gingerhead! She might just blew off there. . you know." Pansy uttered referring to the moodswing of Ginny. She's currently putting eye shadow on my eyelids the muggle way. She's dressed in emerald green venus-cut knee-length dress. A knock on the door was heard that broke our conversation.

"I'll just open it." Ginny stated and walked with her bare feet to the door. She opened it that revealed, none other than the groom, himself.

"Hi Gin. Can I talk to Hermione?" Draco asked, already dressed in his gray suit.

"No Draco. You can't see the bride before the wedding. No. No. No. Now get back to Harry and wait there." Ginny put on a smile before closing the door with a bang and went back to the wardrobe.

"Who's that?" Pansy asked while fixing my hair.

"Draco. . I told him not to go here, it's bad luck." Ginny answered and put on her pumps.

"I don't know what came to that man? First, he wanted to be married just a day after the proposal and then now, he wants to see Hermione before the wedding?" Pansy muttered while saying spells under her breath. It was December 26, 2001, Wednesday. Draco and the rest fixed everything in just one day.

"Oh, I understand him, after all that happened to him and Hermione, if I'm on his position, I would be eager too- aaaaaah!" Lavender screamed tgat made us turn our heads to her direction.

"What happened?" Hermione asked while looking at Lavender who's slightly panting.

"Oh, I just found a big spider on this bloody gown. Don't worry, I heard it was lucky." told Lavender.

"Okay, it was finished!" Pansy cheered, referring to Hermione's hair and make up.

"Come on, step into your gown! I can't wait to see you!" Ginny screeched, grinning. Lavender took the gown off the mannequin and gave it to Hermione before pushing her to the dressing room. After a minute of wearing the gown, she went out.

"Wow. You-are-simply-gorgeous." Pansy mumbled while gazing at me from head to toe.

"Thanks. Uh, Lavender, there were some stitches needed to be finished here." Hermione said, pointing an unfinished stitch at the bottom of the gown.

"No, Hermione, I won't really finish that. There was a superstition says that it was lucky." Lavender explained.

"Why did you know all this superstitions and everything?" Hermione asked them.

"It was told by our mothers and grandmas." Ginny uttered until a knock on the door was heard again. "Wait, I'll just shut Draco up." Ginny paced again to the door, ready to shout on Draco. She opened it.

"Draco! I just said you can't-" Ginny screamed and was shocked when she saw Narcissa and Jean instead of Draco.

"Draco? What the hell was that Ginny?" Narcissa asked.

"Uh, nothing Narcissa. I just thought you're Draco 'cause he went here a while ago, trying to talk to Hermione but . . don't worry, I didn't let that happen." Ginny replied and gestured Jean and Narcissa to come inside.

"Okay, I brought you a garter, it was my garter when I married Lucius. This is for your something old." Narcissa said and gave Hermione a silver garter. She wore it.

"Okay. . Garter was for the old, the gown for the new, this is for the burrowed." Jean spoke, carrying a white pumps with diamonds. "My wedding shoes."

"Your wedding shoes? That was Twenty-two years ago!" Hermione exclaimed and they all chuckled. Jean put the sandals on Hermione's feet.

"The last one, for the blue, the diadem!" Pansy screamed and put the diadem with sapphires on Hermione's head.

"Put this on your gloves." Narcissa handed Hermione a sugar cube ans she obeyed it and put inside her gloves.

"Before I forget, put this on your shoes." Jean gave Hermione a galleon.

"Why?" She asked.

"It's for luckiness Hermione." Lavender retorted and Hermione just rolled her eyes.

"There were so many superstitions and everything!" Hermione exclaimed and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Nothing will happen if you'll it Mione. Just be patient, come on let's go down." Pansy replied and walked to the door. Narcissa, Lavender, and Ginny did the same.

"Mom. ."

"Oh dear, I just can't believe your marrying now. It felt like yesterday was just your seventh birthday but now, you're now leaving." Jean uttered, tears were already forming in her eyes.

"Mom! Don't say that. I won't leave. Maybe I'll be away to live in another house with my future husband but I promise, I won't leave. I'll visit you every now and then if you want." said Hermione. "Don't cry mom! Save that for the happening later." She added jokingly.

"Hermione, Jean, come on." Narcissa came in and broke our conversation. We made our way towards the elevator and went down. I saw Pansy, Ginny and Lavender waiting on the living room.

"Oh, I thought you're not going down anymore!" Pansy exclaimed. Hermione looked at herself in the mirror, from head to toe.

"Here's your bouquet dear." Jean handed Hermione a bouquet of red, green and silver roses. Hermione was about to look at herself in the mirror when Ginny grasped her arm.

"No, no, no Hermione. Don't look at the mirror again." Ginny muttered. "It's a bad luck. Don't worry, your already beautiful."

"Thank Merlin, the rain has stopped and there was a rainbow in the sky. This day was definitely lucky. Let's go Jean. Hermione's maids will take care of her." Narcissa uttered jokingly and she walked out with Jean.

"Let's go. The wedding of the year's about to start!" Lavender screamed. They're about to walk out when Pansy spoke.

"Okay, bride. Step your right foot first."

"Why?"

"Duh, it was lucky." Pansy replied and Hermione just let out a sigh before doing it. Reporters and Cameras were on the gate but then, the interview of the parents was finished, they can't watch the wedding. After all, it was a wizard wedding. The garden, altar and everything was already fixed, extremely beautiful. The guests were already waiting. Hermione went at the end of the line with her father. The wedding will start any moment.

-------------------------------------

Okay. This is quite short but I promise the next one is better.

Please vote and comment so I can post the next chapter ASAP. :))

Thanks guys =) Lovey'all <3

lttlmssknwtll~