VI. Brunette for a Friend

--
Hermione's POV

I woke up. I opened my eyes and it's already morning. I saw Malfoy sleeping on the chair while holding my HAND? I pulled my hand when suddenly I woke him up.

"Granger, You're awake!"

"What happened? What did you do to Goyle last night?" I asked.

"Last night? It was already three days since the incident?"

"What?" I'm already sleeping for 3 days? I need to go to classes.

"Ouch." I attempted to stand but I can't, my wounds are still slightly hurting.

"You don't need to go to classes, Granger. You're excused."

"Uuh, did Madame Pomfr-" before I can continue what will I say, the door swung open.

"Hermione! you're already awake!" Ginny exclaimed with a huge smile on her face. There was Harry, Ron, Ginny, Lavender, Neville and Luna walking towards my bed.

"Hi Draco!" Harry greeted. My jaw dropped. What the freaking hell is happening? Did I hear it right? Harry called Malfoy by his first name?

"Hi Harry!" Malfoy said. Am I dreaming? They are calling each other by their first names.

Then Zabini and Pansy got in the hospital wing too.

"Hey guys!" Pansy and Zabini greeted in unison.

"Hey Pansy! Hey Blaise!" Neville greeted. Am I sure I'm not dreaming? Lavender snapped her fingers.

"Hello, Hermione! Hermione, are you there?" Lavender said.

"Oh, You know.. " I really don't know how to say it.

"Draco, what the bloody hell did you do to 'Mione, she was not in her own self?" Ron said and all of them laughed.

"Uh, c-can someone explain what is happening?" I said. I really have no clue.

"What do you mean Hermione?" Neville asked.

"I mean, all of you, you know, Malfoy, and you . . " I said.

"Get straight to the point Hermione." Ginny said.

"Why are you calling each other by your first names ?." I said and all of them burst into laughter.

"What? Did I say something funny?" I said.

"Hermione, ofcourse, we're calling each other by our first names. What do you expect us to call each other?" Luna explained. They didn't get what I said, for Merlin's sake.

"Duh, idiots, I mean are you already friends? Malfoy and you Harry? and all of you?" I asked.

"Sadly, Yes Hermione." Harry said then Malfoy smiled at me.

They were now friends? After 7 years of being MORTAL ENEMIES.

"Tell me what exactly happened."

Then they started the story.

*FLASHBACK*

Third Person's POV

The next morning after the incident, Harry, Ron, Lavender, Luna and Neville ran to the Hospital Wing when they knew that Hermione was there.

"Malfoy? Why are you here?" Harry asked Draco.

"I'm taking care of her, scarhead." Draco said. Harry's eyes narrowed.

"Are you sure you're taking care of her?" Ron said.

"Of course!" Draco exclaimed.