XVII. Ferret, being a ferret

--

Hermione's POV

I was here at some of dressing room. I can even see myself with Ginny and some other girls. I can see some broomsticks. We're like celebrating of some sort of victory.

"Congratulations, Ms. Hermione Granger. What can you say about the victory of your team?" It was Rita Skeeter. I went beside her and poked her but my hands only passed through her body.

"Oh, we're just very happy about it. The game was very close and we didn't expect that we'll win." I saw myself answered the question of Rita Skeeter.

"Oh, after all, thanks to 'Mione who caught the snitch." Ginny said.

"Well, to be honest, quidditch isn't really my thing. I never thought that I could be a seeker, a seeker that would reach the world cup. Thanks to the person who opened my eyes about quidditch." I saw myself answered.

"And who was that person who opened your eyes?" Rita Skeeter asked intriguingly.

"Who else-" Ginny said. All of a sudden, the scene before me had gone faster before you can say 'quidditch'. It was my dream, again. That scene in a dressing rrom. I'm still clueless about that. I stood up to get ready. I went to the bathroom to have a bath.

Days passed by. The heads' common room where I stay used to be the happiest and craziest room but not anymore. The fire danced silently, the only one that was giving life to the room. The conversations wasn't heard anymore after the night that I have said that I am not yet ready. What have I done to our friendship?

I was here alone in the common room, preparing myself for classes. I walked out of my bedroom, already dressed in my robes. I grabbed my wand and some books before going out through the portrait hole.

"Goodmorning Ms. Granger." Snape greeted.

"Goodmorning.. Have you seen Draco?" I asked.

"Oh, he left early in the morning. He started to be like that a couple of days ago. Is there any problem?" Snape muttered.

"Erm. . Nothing Sir. Bye." I said and I can't even look at him directly. I went to the Great Hall to have my breakfast. I sat beside Ginny. I looked across the table and over the slytherin table to see that certain blonde. He was only gazing at the thin air, not noticing the flirty girl that wants to get his attention.

"Hermi-one!" Ronald shouted, his mouth full of muffin.

"Oh-, what?" I asked.

"We're talking and asking here and you weren't answering any of our questions." Ginny exclaimed, pouring pumpkin juice for everyone's goblet.

"Oh.. I'm sorry." I said.

"She's only on her little own world thinking about someone." Lavender uttered giggling.

"So, how's Draco?" Harry asked before munching a roasted chicken.

"He left early again." I answered.

"I think you have said something that hurted him so much." Ginny muttered.

"Erm.. I-" I said but Harry cut me.

"'Mione, is there something that you aren't telling us?" Harry asked.

"Yep. Draco won't be like that if you haven't said something wrong." Ginny added.

"Oh. Alright, alright. I'll tell you. Just don't kill me with your words!" I said and then all of them fell into silence.

"Okay. The time when we got back from the holidays, after the dinner, he told me that he loves me and he attempted to kiss me. I said that I am not yet ready." I said, don't know how to react, whether be lonely or feel bad.