V. Farewell

--
Hermione's POV

I woke up with a back pain and a stiff neck. I noticed that there's a blanket that covered my body. Malfoy did cover me? I looked for the letter I wrote but I found nothing, instead, I found another letter that has my name on it. I opened it.

"Granger,

I don't know how to start. First, I just want to apologize on what I said yesterday morning. I really don't know what came to me and shouted on you. I didn't mean all that I said. I hope that you'll forgive me. Second, I want to thank you for waking me up. I don't know what will happen to me if you didn't come. Lastly, I know that being headgirl is your dream and I don't want you to quit just because of me. I'll be the one who will quit, after all, I didn't deserve being on what I am right now. Don't worry, from now on, I'll stay away from you. Again, Please forgive me.

-DM"

Is this true? He's apologizing? He didn't mean all he said and he will give up being headboy just for me? I really don't know why it hurts when I read that from now on, he'll stay away from me. I got to my feet and went to the shower. I let the cold water flow down my body. Afterwards, I got to my robes and walked out of the common room.

"Goodmorning Ms. Granger." Snape said.

"Goodmorning Mr. Snape. Did Malfoy got out of the common room?"

"Are you playing hide and seek? He also looked for you yesterday, by the way, he left early in the morning."

"Ohh. thanks." I said and he nodded.

I went straight to the Great Hall to have my breakfast. I saw Harry, Ron and Ginny chatting and headed to them.

"Hi guys!" I said with a cheerful smile.

"Hi Hermione!" Harry said. Ron smiled too but Ginny has a straight face.

"Oh, Hermione, where have you been yesterday? You didn't show up the whole day." Ron asked.

"Uhm, I am sick. I needed to rest. I'm on the common room the whole time. Right Ginny?"

"Oh, yes. I visited her last night." She said but her eyes are only gazing at me.

"Are you alright Gin?" Harry asked. Ginny faced him.

"Oh, I'm perfectly fine." Gin said.

"Hermione, take a sit." Ron uttered. I grabbed some toasts and ready to leave.

"No, thanks. I'll go now. I want to be early on classes. Bye."

"Bye." Ron and Harry said but Ginny just nodded.

I ate the toasts when I was walking through the corridors to the Transfiguration Classroom. I finished eating before entering the room. I entered the room and looked around. There are already few students but only one captured my eyes, the only boy that has a platinum blonde hair. I looked at him and he suddenly looked at me too but also looked away. I saw the cold gray eyes of him like it's lifeless. I sat on the chair next to Luna and Neville.

"Hi Hermione!" Neville said.

"Hi guys!" I said with a smile.

"Where did you go yesterday?" Luna said with her dreamy voice.

"I'm sick and I'm just in our common room the whole day."

"Ooh.."

"What abou-" But before Neville could speak, McGonagall entered the room and started her lesson. I listened very well but sometimes glanced at Malfoy who was listening carefully too. I thought that no one could disturb me in classes but Malfoy's presence broke that.