XXIX. Regrets of the Badboy

--

Hermione's POV

Shivers run around my body. This is weird and rather wrong. His aura swung and he has a straight face with unexplainable emotion.

"Draco, I can't understand. We'll talk about what? The guests, the reception or -"

"We will talk about . . us." He uttered sending nervousness to go up my spine. It felt like my throat was stucked up.

"Uh. . U-us? We can talk about the wedding or our vacation after? Where d-" I said avoiding his glare, just to lighten up the tension.

"Not that. . Hermione." He muttered, rage in his calm voice and I can't explain it.

"Uh. . where do you want to talk? You wanna go to the mall? Let's have a dinner, my treat-"

"Here, we can talk here." He retorted, I can feel that I'm sweating.

"We can go fetch Teddy and go somewhere. It's only uh. . six." I replied looking at my watch (6pm), trying hard to ease up the conversation I don't know where will end.

"As I said earlier, we have to talk now. Here at this very place. We don't need to go somewhere and. . we must talk in private." said Draco. I was afraid of saying this question that laying on my tongue and ready to be told.

"D-draco, what about u-us?"

"I can't."

"You can't?! You can't what? We can move the reception to the beach if you want. We can-" I tried to lie to myself, tried to tell myself that I can't understand what he meant.

"I can't, Hermione. I can't do the wedding." told Draco that pushed my tears to ran like waterfalls.

"Uh, let Par-vati do it, let her organi-ze it. I can't blaim you, I know y-ou, you're not fond of doing- this." I uttered between indefinite sobs and making myself believe that I'm just dreaming.

"Hermione! Don't fool yourself, you know what I meant and don't avoid it." Draco shouted and I just bit my lip. "I can't and I won't marry you."

"What? W-why? Why are you doing this Dra-draco?" I asked, my throat was dry, my whole body was shaking.

"I just can't."

"Why Draco?! Why?!" I screamed, losing my hope to have a good and calm conversation with him.

"Listen! It's not the right time! It's-"

"No. . Go straight to the point!"

"Shit, Hermione! Don't you see it, I'm not marrying you because I don't love you anymore!" Draco roared that shocked my mind.

"NO!" I screamed, tears still bursting out from my eyes.

"No! Draco! Why are you doing this?!" I was shaking him to death. "Draco tell me I'm dreaming! Tell me!" I sat on the floor and facepalmed, still crying and shouting.

"Tell me this isn't happening. Uhggghh."

"Sorry Hermione, but I can't. I'm off to . . uh, I think it's better if I won't tell you. I'm leaving. . for good." He said before walking out of Parvati's house. I just kept on crying, but no tears were coming. Im tired. How can this happen? My life was like a fairytale back then and now, it was all ruined, ruined like what I felt two years ago when he left me and now, he's leaving again . . for good.

"Hermione, what happened? Hermione." Parvati walked in, worried look on her tanned face.

"D-draco. . He backed out from marrying me. He's leaving . . for good." I explained and cried again.