XIV. Holidays at the Manor

--

Hermione's POV

The ball last night was very good. It lasted until 3 am and today, time for us to leave Hogwarts temporarily for the holidays. Draco said that we'll stay at the Malfoy Manor for the first week of our vacation. I agreed that I'll also come to the Manor to meet his family. In that case, I'm very nervous. Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy might be angry with me but Draco promised me that they wouldn't, that they have changed already. On the other hand, me and Draco, we aren't bringing up the topic about what he had said last night. I thought that I only misunderstood the phrase he said but he repeated it. And he kissed me. I don't know what I feel so I just ignored it. I spent the whole ball dancing, eating, chatting, and enjoying Draco's company.

I was here with Draco sitting in the common room enjoying the warmth that the fireplace had been giving despite the icy weather and we're ready to leave Hogwarts. All bags are ready, even my ownself, I think I'm ready. Until we heard a knock on the portrait hole. Draco opened it and a familiar voice was heard.

"Hermione.." Ginny said walking through the portrait hole with Ronald and Harry.

"Hey." I greeted.

"Erm, Can we have a favor?" Ginny asked. Harry and Ronald are having their own little conversation at the back of the room.

"What?" I asked, glancing to Draco before looking back to Ginny.

"Hermione, did you know Teddy, Theodore Lupin?" Ginny asked looking at me seriously.

"Yes, ofcourse, he's the child of Remus Lupin and Nymphadora Tonks. Right?" I said and Ginny nodded.

"Why?" I asked again.

"Uhm, We'll be leaving for the holidays, we'll go to Venice, all of us, so can you take care of Teddy?" She explained. Teddy, He's the 8th month-old son of the late Order members Remus and Nymphodara. I glanced again to Draco and when our gazes met, he only nodded.

"Sure, sure." I answered.

"Alright. Thanks Hermione! Fred and George will go here after an hour to accompany baby Teddy." Ginny said.

"How did you know that I'm willing to take care of Teddy?" I asked her in disbelief.

"Ofcourse, 'Mione! You're so kind-hearted. You can't say no to a baby!" Ginny exclaimed. Our conversation didn't last long and minutes later, they left our common room with the two boys arguing about quidditch teams.

"Hermione, who's this boy?" Draco asked.

"The son of Professor Lupin and your cousin Nymphadora Tonks." I answered.

"Oh. He's my nephew. I wanna see him." He said with excitedness in his gray eyes.

"We'll take care of him for the whole vacation." I said and he only nodded. Our conversation was interrupted by a tap on the window. I walked and got a letter from the familiar owl of McGonagall.

Heads,

Come here at my office. ASAP.

-Headmistress McGonagall

I didn't think second thoughts and told Draco the letter. We hurriedly went to McGonagall's Office. The second we entered the office, I saw two figures, the one exactly looked like the other and the only difference was the other one was holding a baby.

"Erm, why Professor? We said in unison.

"I just want you to talk to Fred and George. I must go now. Happy Holidays." She said. And with that, she left her office.