XI. Sweet Secret

--

Hermione's POV

It has been a month since the huge birthday party of mine. A month since I felt like I'm the happiest woman in Earth. I didn't even imagined that it was possible.

"Uhm. Hermione, What will be your subjects this morning?" Ron asked me while biting a piece of cookie. We're here at the Great Hall heaving our breakfast.

"Wow. Did I hear it right? You're asking about subjects? Congratulations Ron!" I said and smiled teasingly then he gave me a death glare.

"Uhm. Herbology, Ancient Runes and Double Potions with Slughorn How about the two of you?" I asked Harry and Ginny.

"Fortunate for us, we have similar subjects for the whole morning." Harry replied and turned his gaze to Ginny.

"Yes. We have Double Transfiguration first, Charms and DADA." Ginny said not taking off her gaze on me.

"Oh. Yeah. I have that too." Ron said while looking at his sister.

"Uhm, Yeah. I think I should go now." I said, stood and put my bag on my shoulders. I waved a goodbye at them and went out of the Great Hall. I arrived at the Herbology classroom just in time.

.

.

.

I was on my way to Ancient Runes Classroom when I heard a noise inside a broom closet.

"Help! Please, help-" a shout of a boy from the broom closet but cut by a girl.

"Help! Hey, don't touch me! Help!!" a girl screamed. I ran to the broom closet near an empty classroom where I heard the voices.

"Alohomora" I said and the door burst open. Then two first years got out of the closet. I can distinguish that it was Cathlin Cainer and Robie Smith, a Gryffindor and a Slytherin.

"Hey. Hermione Granger, thankyou." Cathlin said. Then she crossed her arms over her chest and gave the boy a death glare.

"Uhm, thanks Head Girl. I'm Robie." He retorted.

He offered his hands to me and I can see Cathlin rolled her eyes that made me smirk. I was about to shook his hand when I heard a sound of footsteps on my left. I turned my gaze on the sound only to see Draco panting.

"Hey, 'Mione. I met the idiotic poltergeist of the age, also known as Peeves near the 5th corridor and he said that he stuffed pairs of first years on each broom closet through out the whole school." My eyes widened when he said that with his hands on his knees and catching his breath.

"What?" I shouted in shock. Then I saw Cathlin and Robie nodded that made my eyes even wider and my jaw dropped.

"Only Merlin knows how many broom closets were on this whole bloody school. We need to get them Hermione! as fast as we can." Draco said.

"Uhm. Yeah. Cathlin and Robie go to your subjects and explain to the professors why are the both of you are late. We can already handle this." And with that they ran away from us.

I thought of the best way to fetch all the first years in every broom closet in this school. I opened the broom closet where I rescued Cath and Robie and got two brooms.

"So? What are we going to do now?" He asked me. I offered the broom to him.

"What the hell do you mean?" He said and got the broom I offered.

"What was your next subject?" I ignored his question and asked another one.

"Uhm. freaking Divination and Double Potions." He said and I smiled. He also got double potions.