Voices

Voice: "cruelly whispers" you're useless and nobody wants you.

Rainbow: *sighs* not this again not today please!

Aj: not what again dashie?

Rainbow: *startled* nothing aj I'm fine.

Aj: *unsure* ok if you say so.

For a while rainbow had been hearing a voice in her head which continuously told her, that she was useless or that no one wanted her or that applejack was only with her until she got a better offer. The voice has been in rainbows head for weeks but she didn't tell anyone, because she didn't want them to think she was weird. She also didn't applejack to worry.

Voice: why don't you just get over it? she clearly doesn't want you.

Rainbow: *to no one in particular* why don't you just shut up?!

Aj: *comes in from the other room* rainbow who are you telling to shut up?

Rainbow: *nervously* oh er someone on the tv.

Aj: the tv isn't on rainbow.

Rainbow: *getting fed up* well then I must of imagined it. Can we go to bed now please?

Aj: yeah come on it's getting late.

*in the middle of the night*

The voice often visited rainbow in her sleep but this time is particularly bad.

Voice: you're so pathetic no ones wants you, they can't stomach the sight of you, none of your love you, neither do your parents.

Rainbow laid on her side clutching her head and cover her ears, to try and block out the voice. Applejack was asleep and she didn't want to wake her, she'd been handling this alone for weeks.

Voice: you should just end it!

That was the final straw rainbow woke up and became really distressed. She shot up and started screaming and pulling her hair.

Rainbow: *sobbing and pulling her hair* NO STOP PLEASE STOP!

This woke aj and she immediately sat up to see what was going on.

Aj: *concerned* rainbow?! What's going on?!

However rainbow was still too distressed and she began to smack her own head, in order to try and get rid of the voice.

Rainbow: *smacking her head and crying* STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT!

Applejack frantically grabbed hold of rainbows hand to stop her from hurting herself, and then held her whilst she sobbed into her chest.

Aj: *strokes rainbows hair* shh rainbow what's the matter?

Rainbow: *hiccuping* I k-keep h-hearing a voice in my head!

Aj: what kind of voice baby what does it say?

Rainbow then proceeded to tell applejack all about the voice and what it had been saying, she'd been so scared to tell her.

Aj: *strokes rainbows hair* oh dashie why didn't you tell me?

Rainbow: *tired and embarrassed* I was to ashamed I thought she'd think I was faking or that I was metal.

Aj: *kisses rainbows head* I don't think you're faking or mental but I do think you need help, how about tomorrow we go the doctor and see what he can do?

Rainbow: *yawns* yeah ok thanks aj.

Aj: *kisses rainbow again* no problem now come on let's go to sleep.

The girls went to sleep and rainbow was finally able to sleep peacefully, but she knew she had a rough road ahead.