Coping With Grief

Applejack was in the kitchen making cups of tea for her and rainbow, she waiting for the kettle to finish boiling and she was staring blankly into space. It was the anniversary of her parents deaths and she didn't want to cry in front of rainbow. She finished making the tea but instead of going back to the living room she continued, to stare and bite her lip trying not to cry. Rainbow was starting to get a little worried so she decided to go in the kitchen. She walked up behind applejack and wrapped her arms around her stomach and then placed her chin on her shoulder. Applejack looked at rainbow and couldn't help but smile, rainbow was about 3 inches shorter than she was and this looked rather amusing to the grieving teen.

Aj: *looks away from rainbow and sniffles* I-I'll bring the tea in a minute babe.

Rainbow: *kisses ajs cheek* stop pretending that you're ok, I know what today is.

Aj: *tearing up* I-I just don't want to get upset in front of you and ruin your day.

Rainbow: applejack we've known each other for years, you know you can get emotional around me.

This was true rainbow and applejack had known each other since they were kids, and applejack had always been afraid to cry in front of anyone.

Rainbow: *turns applejack around and kisses her* you know you can cry in front of me right?

That was all it took the floodgates opened and applejack started bawling into rainbows chest.

Rainbow: *strokes ajs hair* shhh it's ok.

Aj: *hiccuping* I-I j-just m-miss t-them s-so m-much!

Rainbow: *rubs her back* shh I know you do. How about this, let's make some of your favourite apple pancakes and then we can let off some balloons as a message for them.

Aj: *sniffles* I love that thanks dashie.

Rainbow: *kisses ajs temple* that's what I'm here for.

The girls made the apple pancakes which applejacks mother used to make for her when she was little. She'd taught applejack and now aj had taught rainbow. After the pancakes they made their way to an open field with 2 balloons which they'd put on some string. They let the balloons go and then went and sat on a near by bench.

Aj: *rests her head on rainbows shoulder* thanks for helping me today rainbow.

Rainbow: *leans down and kisses her head* it was no bother, I know how much you love them.

Aj: *sighs happily* yeah I do.

Rainbow: next time you need to cry you can ok?

Aj: *removes her head from rainbows shoulder so she can kiss her* don't worry I will.