FORTY-SIX

Atlanta

Atlanta

As the group of six entered Bringston's campus they were immediately blown away by the liveliness of the upcoming Homecoming activities that were going on. There was a line of booths wrapped around what seemed to be the main courtyard and even a concert going on.

"Wow," Jordan said. "I bet Princeton isn't doing all this for their homecoming."

"Princeton, who?" Liv asked.

"Exactly, look if they too wack to accept you, forget them," Spencer added.

"I thought we were supposed to be taking her mind off of not getting accepted into Princeton?" JJ piped up, slinging his arm around his girlfriend.

"JJ's surprisingly right," Simone groaned. "The whole point of this trip is to help take my mind off of that school."

"Well, yeah, and to scope out the HBCU experience," Liv said.

"Liv, you're the only one with HBCUs on your list," Aaliyah told her.

"At least I have a list," she shot back.

"Great, thanks, Liv," Simone sighed. "I don't have a list either."

"Alright, okay. Stop the college talk, alright? This weekend is about visiting your aunt and having some g.a.f. Am I right? Grown ass fun. Come on guys," Jordan lectured.

"I'm with you on that one," Aaliyah mumbled. "Holy shit! Guys...That's Cordae on the stage. Right there!"

"It's time to turn up!" JJ yelled excitedly. After watching Cordae perform for a few minutes and doing a bit of exploring the group walked through the halls and entered a classroom. Watching as who they assumed was Simone's aunt led a discussion at the front of the class. Once the class was over they went down to meet her.

"I think I'm in love with your aunt!" Aaliyah whispered to Simone.

She looked around at the group smiling softly at them. "Olivia, which makes you Spencer. Aaliyah, which makes you JJ of course. And you must be my nephew-in-law."

"Something like that," Jordan chuckled. "Uh, by the way, thank you so much for letting us stay this weekend, Ms. Patterson."

"Dear God. Call me Amara," she corrected. "I am not that old. In the meantime it's homecoming!"

"Yeah, seems like a pretty big deal out here," Aaliyah piped up.

"Oh, honey, you have no idea. Keisha has offered to be your unofficial ambassador for the weekend. So leave your bags with me. Have some fun. I'll catch you later."

"Wait. Are you sure?" Simone hesitantly asked her.

"Girl. Don't ask twice," Keisha said.

The group dropped their bags and walked out of the class. As they walked around the campus, the guys seemed to fall slightly behind them and leave the girls to chat amongst themselves. "You made it just in time for the best part of homecoming," Keisha told them.