FORTY-TWO

Waking up the next morning, Aaliyah had an instant wave of nausea hit her. Rushing over to her bathroom, the girl immediately spilled her guts out. Alerting the attention of her sister, who just happened to walk past her room. "Li! You okay?" Liv yelled, knocking on her bathroom door.

"Just fine," she groaned. "You can come in if you want," she sighed, leaning against the shower doors.

"Were you just throwing up?" Liv asked. "And why the hell are you on the ground?"

"I'll explain...in one minute," she groaned, racing up from the ground and over to the toilet. "Fuck! This sucks."

"What's wrong why are you throw—Oh, no. You're not..."

"I am," she confirmed, cutting her sister off in the process and walking over to the sink to brush her teeth. "Me and JJ, told mom and dad last night."

"How'd that go?" Liv asked.

"Um, well, JJ's still breathing and so am I...so, as good as it possibly could," she shrugged, rinsing her mouth out with mouthwash after she was done brushing. "We heard the heartbeat yesterday."

"Heartbeat? How long have you known?" Liv asked, widening her eyes.

"Literally found out yesterday," she sighed. "And when we went we were able to hear the heartbeat. I'm pretty sure JJ was crying and trying his best to hide his tears from me."

"Wow...so he wants a baby," Liv hummed.

"We haven't made any decisions on whether we want to keep it or not. So, don't get all judge-y Liv on me," she said, turning to face her sister.

"Judge-y Liv? Is that seriously a thing?" she retorted.

"Hmm, let's ask Jordan, shall we?" she giggled.

"Baby! Jordan let me in!" JJ called out, entering her room. "Oh, hey, Olivia."

"I warned my sister about using condoms with you," Liv told him, squinting suspiciously at the blonde before leaving.

"She heard me throwing up," Aaliyah shrugged, walking over to her bed and sitting on it. "So, I told her plus, she's my sister."

"I get it," JJ said, quickly closing the gap between them and placing his lips on hers. "We should talk, though. You know, just to get an idea of what you want to do."

"Not just me...We," she corrected. "I mean, we're 17. I don't know...this all just so unexpected."

"I'm not gonna lie," he sighed. "I kind of teared up hearing the heartbeat. I mean, when I think of my future, I think of us...and a bunch of little mini-me's running around. But, you're right, we're 17, and we have our whole lives ahead of us. I'm not sure if this is what we should be doing right now."

"A bunch of little mini JJ's...that sounds absolutely adorable," she giggled. "But, you're right. I don't know if this is what we should be doing right now. So, we're agreeing...We're not keeping it?"

"Yeah," he mumbled, lifting her t-shirt up and placing his palm against her slightly bloated stomach, and staring intently at the girl. "We're doing the right thing...right?" he asked.

"Yeah," she sighed looking down at his hand and softly smiling. "I think so...I don't know. I mean, hearing the heartbeat was kind of weird but it was also kind of—"

"Comforting?" JJ suggested.

"Yeah, it made me feel kind of happy," she admitted. "But, it's our senior year, and—"

"Hey," he quickly cut her off, cupping her face in his hands. "You don't have to decide anything immediately. Take more time and think, okay?"

"Okay. Ugh, I'd literally be a wreck without you," she sighed, pressing a kiss against his lips, which he immediately deepened and ran his hands up her shirt softly squeezing her side.