ONE

Aaliyah Baker walked down the halls of Beverly High as she usually did. Wherever she walked heads turned her way. As she walked down the main hall she spotted her dad, Billy Baker, with an unknown student, and before he could utter a word towards his daughter. Her blonde-haired best friend caught her eye first. "JJ!"

"Hey, Li," JJ said giving the girl a hug and pressing a kiss against her cheek.

"I just passed by my dad and he was with some random guy. I'm pretty sure we have a new kid," she said as they made their way toward their designated class.

"A new kid?" JJ questioned furrowing his eyebrows. "Is he cute?"

The girl scrunched her face up in confusion before answering. "Are you asking for yourself? Or for me?"

"Well, seeing as only one of us is into guys...Then, I'm pretty sure I'm asking for you," he answered.

"Not my type," she shrugged standing in the doorway of her classroom. "See you at lunch!" After what seemed to be an excruciatingly long math class the bell finally rang and Aaliyah headed out to the courtyard sending a wave to her sister who was standing with the new kid before walking off to the designated hangout spot.

"Oh, oh. Lookout," Asher chuckled watching the girl strut towards them. "I knew you'd come back to us."

"Well, excuse me for wanting to hang out with my sister and not you losers," she giggled sending the boy a flirtatious smile before sitting in between him and JJ.

"Hey," JJ grinned slinging his arm around the girl after watching the flirty interaction between her and Asher.

"Meet the crew," Jordan said walking up to the group with the new student right by his side. "This is Hadley, Layla, and up top Lucy, JJ, Aaliyah my other sister, and Asher."

"Hey, I'm Spencer," he said waving at the group before his eyes landed on the third Baker. "Other sister as in..."

"Triplets," Aaliyah confirmed raising her eyebrows. "It's nice to meet you, Spencer."

"I think you and Asher play the same position," Jordan quickly spoke up before Spencer could even get a word in.

Spencer eyed the boy. "Oh, receiver, huh?"

Asher like usual kept his cocky composure as he answered the question. "Yeah, broke the school record for receptions last season."

"Me, too," Spencer said smiling as he sat down next to Layla.

Watching the interaction between Layla and Spencer, Asher leaned over and whispered into Aaliyah's ear. "Are you seeing this?"

"Need I remind you...You're not so innocent either," Aaliyah whispered back, turning her head to talk to him and completely ignoring the blonde beside her. "In fact, I remember just last night...you weren't so innocent. I'm gonna talk to Liv, see you guys later."

Seeing her sister walk up to her Liv quickly smiled at the girl and moved her attention off of her phone. "Hey, Li. What's up?"

"Those guys are annoying," she shrugged pointing her thumb over at the group. "So...what do you think of the new kid? Is he cute or what?"

"He's nice," Liv nonchalantly said putting her head down.

"So, he's cute?" she asked.

"Oh, you hear that?" Liv said cupping her hand around her ear and standing up to walk away. "The bell just rang. Go to class."

"Olivia!" Aaliyah yelled annoyed.

✯✯✯

"What exactly is the point of this?" Aaliyah asked her mother as they stood in the kitchen awaiting Spencer and Jordan's arrival. "Who cares if he's some crazy good football player? Why do we need to throw a pool party for him?

"This is for your father. So be nice," Laura said giving her daughter a look.

"Actually, JJ's waiting for me outside. But, you and your welcoming committee," she said sticking her tongue out at her sister. "...have fun!"

JJ spotted the girl walking out into the backyard in her skimpy bikini and eyed her hungrily as she made her way over to him. "What took you so long?"

"I was talking to my mom," she shrugged sitting down on the pool chair with him.

"So, what's the deal with you and Ash?" he asked watching Asher glance over at the two, with a twinge of jealousy in his eyes. "You two seem closer."

"Yeah, we are close. But, it's no different than you and me," she mumbled, stretching her legs over his lap and laying down on the chair.

"What do you think of the new guy?" he asked watching Spencer stare at the duo from a distance.

She shrugged her shoulders. "I haven't talked to him but, he doesn't seem too bad. I mean, I can already tell Asher and Jordan aren't really feeling him. Layla seems to really like him...I'm gonna talk to Ash. Catch you later, J." Aaliyah then walked off heading over to Asher who was sitting next to her brother. "Jordan...Scram!"

Jordan got up glaring at his sister before he started mocking her and throwing his hands up dramatically. "Jordan...Scram."

"Dude, leave," Asher said making Jordan scrunch his nose up before reluctantly walking away. "So, are we...you know, tonight?"

"No," she said bringing her knees up to her chest and leaning back against the chair. "I told you, Ash. Last time...was the last time." She let out an exaggerated sigh at the thought of what's been going on between them for the past year and a half.

✯✯ ✯

After Jordan and Asher's pathetic attempt at sabotaging Spencer during the scrimmage the following day after Layla's party, which Aaliyah didn't attend. It was now time for Beverly's first football game with Spencer a part of their lineup. Aaliyah stood on the sidelines waving her pom-poms around while the boys made their over-the-top entrance onto the field. The crowd was extremely pumped that night due to football being one of the more important sports at the school and with the news of the newest recruit's football skills, the crowd along with the cheerleaders were even more pumped. After playing pretty bad for the first half of the game, Coach Baker took Asher out of the game and subbed him in for Spencer. Ultimately, winning the game, after he made a touchdown.

"I guess, Spencer is as good as they say he is," Aaliyah said walking up to JJ.

"Okay, but how'd I do?" JJ asked pointing at his cheek for a kiss.

She let out a small laugh before stepping on her tip-toes and pressing a kiss against his cheek. "You did amazing. As always!"

"So, um, I was wondering...do you want to get some food after?" he asked bringing a hand up to the back of his neck and scratching it nervously.

"Um..." she trailed off making eye contact with Asher. "Maybe next time. I'll see you tomorrow. I think I just want to go home."

"Yeah, okay. Next time," he mumbled watching her walk off in the direction of the parking lot.

 Next time," he mumbled watching her walk off in the direction of the parking lot

liked by asheradams and 1356 more

aaliyahbaker jj took this🧚🏽‍♀️

laylakeating 😍🤩

jjparker 🔥🔥

    →aaliyahbaker 😟💘

01x01