SEVENTEEN

"Morning," Spencer said walking through the kitchen and greeting the three Baker women. "Hi, Spencer. What can I can get you? Eggs? Pancakes?" Laura said with a cheery attitude.

"I'm good, Mrs. Baker. Thank you, though," he said sitting in between the two sisters. "Well, at least let me...Treat you guys to some lunch. Got to get ready for work. You three have a really good day at school," Laura beamed kissing her daughter's on the cheek and rubbing Spencer's back before walking away.

"How long you think she's gonna keep that up?" Liv asked the two. "I don't know. But, Jordan and I got new cars...So, maybe just a little longer," Aaliyah said shrugging her shoulders. "Nice. Nice to know your priorities," Liv scoffed before continuing. "Ever since dad moved out, it's like she's been trying way too hard to make our lives seem normal."

"Ain't nothing normal about this," Spencer said. Hearing the sound of footsteps, the three turned their heads in shock looking at Jordan and his newest one-night stand. "Spence, Liyah, Liv, this is, uh, Channel," Jordan said pointing at the girl.

"Chanel. Nice to meet you," the girl who looked slightly like their mom told them. "Right. Okay, look I'm gonna take her home. So I'll see you guys at school? Cool. Let's do it," Jordan nonchalantly stated.

"Does she look like—"

"Your mom? Yeah."

"Asshole took our lunch money," Aaliyah growled looking at the empty countertop and earning a smack on the head from her sister.

✯✯✯

"Hey, baby," JJ beamed wrapping an arm around his girlfriend which she angrily shook off. "I'm not speaking to you," she snapped pushing his arm away and giving Asher who was standing next to him a small smile before storming off.

"Oof, been there. An unhappy Aaliyah Baker is not something you want," Asher piped up from beside the blonde. "Can you not go into detail about how you used to date my girlfriend while you had a girlfriend," JJ criticized letting a small grunt out.

"We're gonna yell at our dumbass brother come on!" Liv angrily stated pulling Aaliyah by her arm and storming up to Jordan slamming his locker shut. "Hey, Don Juan. What the hell was that girl doing in our house this morning?"

Jordan carelessly threw his backpack over his shoulder looking at his glaring sisters. "Well, first off, she's in college, so she's a woman, and I think you know what she was doing there. But if you need me to break it down for you, I will."

"Are you insane?" Aaliyah questioned. "What if mom caught you?"

"Well, based on the way she's been acting lately, she'd probably pretend to be cool with it. Look, why don't the two of you try to do the same," Jordan scoffed looking over at the two.

"Okay, she's only pretending because she feels guilty about dad leaving, which, by the way, isn't her fault. So why are you being a jackass?" Liv asked. "Why are you two being annoying? We have free rein. We might as well have some fun, and if you don't want to, that's fine. Just at least stop ruining mine," Jordan said walking away.

"He's an ass," Aaliyah mumbled watching her brother walk away. "Agreed," Liv sighed.

✯✯✯

"#statechamplife. Hmm," Aaliyah read out loud picking her phone up and reading Jordan's Instagram caption, watching him and JJ from afar in the cafe surrounded by some groupies. "Is it wrong that I kinda wish they lost that game?" Liv asked the two, picking up her sister's phone and looking at the post.

"Yes, Liv, you're an Eagle. They're just having fun," Layla reprimanded. "That is not fun," Aaliyah grimaced turning her head at the worst possible time and catching her brother lip-locking with some random girl. "Yeah. I see around his neck that says help me written in that girl's lipstick," Liv said agreeing with her sister.

"You see that sign around everyone's neck, maybe minus the lipstick," Layla retorted. "Okay, that's not true," Liv defensively stated. "Oh, that is so true," Aaliyah piped up.

"Exactly. How many times have you asked me about my dad since he's been back?" Layla questioned. "One...hundred. I'm sorry! I'm just happy that you two are doing so well. It's like we're playing musical fathers. Our leaves, your comes back," Liv exclaimed.

"Don't forget about Spencer's dad," Liyah piped up. "How could I? I mean, I can't believe he wants Spencer to move back to Crenshaw...And I have the biggest mouth in the world. I am so sorry. He didn't want to tell me, okay? I pried it out of him this morning, and I just assumed that he told you," Liv explained.

"Liv, it's fine. I'm sure he was planning on telling me. He just hasn't gotten the chance yet...Let's move on. Li, how long are you going to torture your boyfriend who's been staring over here like a lost puppy?" Layla asked looking at the girl.

"Mmm, when he stops acting like a douche. I understand wanting to celebrate his big win and all of that. But following Jordan's lead and staying out all night going to college parties is so not okay, especially when Jordan's coming home with stupid college girls. They literally have practice right now and they're not even there," Aaliyah ranted angrily. "I get your point, but don't you have practice right now?" Liv asked her sister.

"Shit!" she shrieked running out of the cafe.

✯✯✯

"Burning the midnight oil?" Aaliyah asked leaning against the locker room doorway still dressed in her Beverly High cheer team shirt and spandex shorts from cheer practice, watching Asher workout. "Something like that. What's up?" Asher asked placing the jump rope down on the floor.

"Me and Liv are on a search for our brother. He's not answering his phone and my mom's on a warpath. Plus, I had to stay late for practice so, I just decided to check to see if he was here," she responded. "Yeah, I heard about the fight. He's not here, it's just me...Why'd you have to stay late for practice?" he asked patting the sweat off of his face with a towel.

"I was like, an hour late to practice. So, I had to run a couple of extra laps. Why are you still here?" she questioned. "I've just been getting in extra time in the weight room and on the field. Guys are all riding high on the championship, but my ranking took a major hit last season. Best thing I got going for me right now is junior college, and that's...that's not good enough. 7-on-7 might be my best chance to get back on a D1 school's radar," he explained.

"That's good," she mumbled smiling at him softly. "Um, something's been bugging me lately...and I didn't want to ask Liv. But, are you two into each other? Like, romantically? I know, she helped you out a bunch after homecoming with your dad, and then with the whole combine. So, I guess, in a way it kind of makes sense. Plus you look at her like you—"

"Look at you?" he questioned cutting her rambling off, and taking a step closer to her. "I like her. But, I won't pursue anything if you're not okay with it. Plus, she's your sister...it might be a little weird. Me being with your sister after you and I have been together."

"No, Ash," she sighed shaking her head. "I'm with JJ, and even though I'm mad at him. It wouldn't be fair for me to tell you who to date and who not to date...even if it is my sister. Plus, she deserves to be happy and if it's with you. So be it."

"Thank you," he said picking her hand up and giving it an affectionate squeeze. "I'll see you later, friend," she chuckled retracting her hand from his hold and walking away.

02x02