FORTY-ONE

"Hey, what's going on downstair—Woah, you look a wreck!" JJ announced as he let himself into his girlfriend's room

"Jordan's getting a divorce, Liv leaked the Tamika Pratt video, and my mom probably wants to kill all of us. Also, thanks a lot," Aaliyah scoffed weakly sitting up in her bed and glaring at the boy.

JJ tried his best to process the information before doing a double-take. "Woah, woah, Jordan's getting a what now?"

"Not a divorce. My mom's pushing for an annulment actually," she nonchalantly told him. "Wait...he didn't tell you he got married the weekend you guys were in Vegas?"

"Nope. I wasn't really around them in Vegas. I was too busy with gir—"

"Don't!" she shrieked, covering his mouth with her hand. "...finish that. I do not care about the things you did in Vegas. So, there's no need to tell me...Like, ever."

"Got it," he hummed, leaning in to kiss her.

"You don't want to kiss me," she sighed laying back down on her bed. "I think I'm sick. And I've kind of been throwing up so, kissing me would be gross."

"Weren't you just sick like las—Whatever not important. Do you need anything?" he asked.

"Just you," she mumbled holding her arms out for him. "Cuddle with me please?"

"You got it," he grinned, wrapping his arms around her body and tugging her close to him. "So...want to elaborate on this whole Jordan and Simone getting married thing?"

She let out a small laugh before nodding her head. "Well, like, I just said it happened over the summer. Spencer and Liv were witnesses, and they called me the day before telling me the news. They told me first because my parents wouldn't let me go to Vegas so there was obviously no way I could've stopped them. Oh, and to make things even better he forged my mom's name to sign the marriage license."

"Just last year Jordan was banging everything in his sight and now he's married," JJ whistled lowly.

"The same could be said for you," she shot back, raising an eyebrow at him. "Besides the whole marriage thing."

"You think your little sickness is contagious because I kind of want to kiss you," he pouted, placing his thumb on her bottom lip. "Mmm, it might be," she hummed.

"Are you sure it's not just like, a side-effect of your period?" he asked, making her eyes widen.

"My period?" she asked, raising an eyebrow at him. "My period," she repeated, drumming her fingers against his bicep.

"Yeah," he nodded, picking her hand up to lace their fingers together. "Isn't it your time of the month? You always have your period around this time."

"Why do you know more about my body than I do?" she asked, standing up to walk over to the bathroom. "I'll be right back. Gotta check on something," she hummed. Entering her bathroom, Aaliyah went straight to the cabinets under the sink checking the two unopened boxes of tampons...realization finally hit that she hadn't had her period in a while. "Hey, babe. How long has it been since we've been back together?" she asked, walking back out.