FOURTEEN

Sitting in the cafe, Aaliyah was surrounded by Jordan, Liv, Spencer, Chris, Layla, and JJ, who was hovering above her as per usual. "Hey, you know what y'all? I'd actually like to make a toast to the Beverly Eagles. Congratulations on doing something me and my boys never could...Making it to the championship with my boy Spencer," Chris said.

"Hey, That's fine, alright. Take Spence any day of the week," Jordan chuckled pounding his fist against Spencer's. "You know what? Y'all should actually come through to my crib tomorrow night. My parents are out of town and I'm throwing a party. It could be one last celebration before we crush y'all dreams next week," Chris suggested.

"A party?" JJ asked the only part of what Chris said catching his attention. "I'm on it!" the blonde said typing away on his phone. "He's on it..." Chris said hesitantly as everyone's phones on the table went off at the same time. "Okay, how do you know my address?" he asked looking at the blonde who just shrugged in response.

"Well, I think a party could be fun," Aaliyah said putting her phone down and looking at the group in front of her. Liv nodded in agreement. "Yeah, we can all go together."

"Sounds fine," Spencer nonchalantly said. Chris scoffed in response. "Fine. Spence, you out of your mind, man. You know my parties are lit."

"Hey, can I stay over again tonight?" Layla asked the two sisters. "Fine with me," Aaliyah shrugged turning back around to face her boyfriend. "You're so cute," JJ hummed looking down at the girl who was standing in between his legs and leaned down to peck the tip of her nose. "Barf," Jordan groaned crumpling up a napkin and throwing it at the back of his sister's head.

✯✯✯

"The poll numbers aren't great," the campaign manager started off, while the three triplets were stuck stuffing envelopes for their mom. "You're not coming across as relatable. Voters see you as just another rich Beverly Hills woman."

"I'm relatable," Laura said defensively. "How am I not relatable?" she asked looking at her husband. Of course, you're relatable. You're strong, smart, successful," Billy said to her.

"Right. Strong smart, successful—"

"Rich Beverly Hills woman," Aaliyah stated cutting her sister off while the two shared a quiet laugh. "Not helping, girls," Laura said looking at the two. The campaign manager quickly spoke up, "luckily, I have the solution, your family. They're the perfect image for your campaign. They're charming, attractive."

"Diverse," Liv added.

"That doesn't hurt," she said. "Go back to the attractive part real quick," Jordan spoke up looking at the campaign manager. "She wasn't talking about you," Aaliyah scoffed reaching across her sister to hit him with a pamphlet.

"I'm just not sure I'm comfortable using my family like that," Laura hesitantly said to them. "Why not? We're stuffing envelopes," Jordan said waving the envelope around. "If it'll help you win. I'm in," Aaliyah shrugged looking back down at the table to stuff more envelopes.

✯✯✯

"Dude, it's like a forest in here," Jordan said walking into his sister's room with Liv right trailing behind him. "JJ bought me like, five more plants. We're basically plant parents," Aaliyah giggled picking up the metallic water can she had and watering the plants around her room.

"You two are pretty adorable together," Liv gushed plopping face down on her bed while Jordan sat at her vanity. "Did you two come to bother me? Because this is a positive space and I don't need Jordan's smelly-ass feet making the space negative," Liyah said joining Liv on her bed.

"My feet don't smell!" Jordan expressed defensively, playing with the makeup brushes on his sister's vanity. "Anymore," Liv mumbled making the three burst out into laughter before turning their heads and spotting their mom staring at them. "Mom, you okay?" Laura emotionally sat down on the bed joining her two daughters. "I have something I need to tell you." After revealing the secret affair that their father had with Grace James, the triplets headed together to Chris's party, the three were not really in the mood to socialize and party but anything was better than being home.

"I need a drink," Jordan said to his sister's walking off. "Make that 5," Aaliyah mumbled joining her brother at the keg. "Hey, you walked right past me. What's going on?" JJ asked approaching the two Baker siblings. "Our dad sucks," Jordan scoffed walking away. "What's he—"

"I'll tell you about it later. Right now, I just need a drink, and then we can dance. Okay?" Liyah sighed wrapping an arm around his waist and using her free hand to down the rest of her beer. "Woah, slow down," JJ chuckled plucking the red cup from her hand after she attempted to refill a third time. "What's wrong, babe? Just tell me now, because I know it's bothering you. Don't forget we've known each other since we were kids. I know, when you're not okay," JJ said pressing a kiss against her forehead.

"Our dad had an affair with Spencer's mom. Our mom told us literally right before the party," Aaliyah revealed placing her head on his chest while his arms immediately wrapped around her body. "I'm sorry. Feel free to spend the night at my place, if you don't want to be at your house," he mumbled into her hair. "You're the best," she sighed taking her beer back from his hand and sipping on it. The couple had moved against a tree with Aaliyah standing in front of JJ who was rubbing her back soothingly knowing that the girl was clearly not in any mood to party. The night took a turn for the worse when Jordan picked a fight with Cam, getting them kicked out from the party.

"Sorry, for ruining your night," Aaliyah mumbled snuggling into her boyfriend's bare chest once they got to his place. "You didn't ruin my night. It was Jordan who got us kicked out," JJ chuckled, bringing his hand down to stroke her thigh. "Stay as long as you want, okay?" he muttered kissing the top of her head and watching her eyes slowly close.

1x15