➝ weinen

- weep -

~ 𝖇𝖔𝖓𝖉𝖘 ~

I blinked my eyes open groggily to an unfamiliar room. I was overwhelmed with deja-vu as I took in the surroundings.

My back was propped up on a bed by a thick pillow and long bandages were wrapped around my forearms and lower legs. I looked to my right to see my arm wrapped in a caste - I recalled having popped my shoulder. A thin blanket was sprawled clumsily over my legs

Nothing hurt too badly, so I assumed I was given pain-killers. That was until I readjusted my sitting position only to have a sharp pain shoot down my right arm. "Fils de pute (son of a bitch)!" I yelped out, biting my lip.

As it died down, I examined my surroundings. From the looks of the ceiling and floor, this wasn't Trost Hospital, rather seemed like the room that a person would usually sleep in. No one was inside but someone had been, seeing as my wounds were treated, and a tube of embalming ointment lay on the bedside table.

I looked at my bruised hands and tried to recollect the memories of before I was knocked out. I squeezed my eyes shut and concentrated, to no avail.

"Ahh, you're awake." A voice startled me. I looked up suddenly, to see a man in uniform leaning against a bureau next to the window, not too far from the bed. He was blond, and had a pointed nose. His middle hair parting stretched down to a small beard and mustache. I found his appearance quite familiar but couldn't trace it down.

"Who are you? Where am I?" I said, feebly. Sure I was bedridden, but that didn't stop me from having suspicions.

"I'm Miche Zacharias." He said, plainly. "I found you alive next to Wall Rose and brought you here. I work for th-"

"The Survey Corps and this is your quarters in Wall Rose." I finished for him, quietly. "I remember you... you're the one that helped me back then..." I said trailing off. He nodded and gave me a small smile. 

"I wrapped most of your wounds, but your shoulder's still busted. The burns and scars will stay for about a day or 2..." He said, coming to sit on the bed. I was confused. Burns?

"Why aren't you with your Scouty scout men?" I pouted, leaning away from him. He breathed out a soft laugh and ruffled my loose hair.

I was tired, so I couldn't even push him off. "After the... event earlier, all Scout witnesses were put under gag order and sent back to their local quarters. I managed to find you, alive but dying, so I brought you with me." I looked down and nodded.

"Gag order, huh..?" I mumbled. My eyes then widened as memories came flooding back to me. Trost, breached. Collosus, escaped. Thomas, Mina, Nack, Milleus, dead. Eren, titan. "E-eren is..."

Miche only hummed in response. "You're under the gag order, too, since you witnessed it. I was told to relay that to you." I sniffled as I felt my eyes well with tears.

How was Eren now - how was he dealing with this? What about Mikasa and Armin? Jean and Connie? Annie?

I unconsciously leaned forward onto Miche's chest and choked out a sob. A single tear fell and wet his jacket. He sighed. "Sometimes, we only see you guys as soldiers and forget that you're all just 14 year old kids... If only we weren't born into this hell-hole of a world." He mumbled.

I trembled and brought my left hand to his shirt, clinging as if he was the last person on Earth. I didn't even know this man and yet I was showing my vulnerability in front of him. I let him pat my back reassuringly for a moment before I pulled away, wiping my tears ferociously.