➝ can't do anything but weep

~ 𝖇𝖔𝖓𝖉𝖘 ~ 

I stared at them. Elliot didn't say a word as the much taller man put his hand on her shoulder. My blood boiled. First Isabel, and now Elliot? How fucking desperate were these bastards?!

She looked down at the floor, her hair covering her face, and I gasped internally. Did she think I was disappointed in her? Because she just stood and watched? What more could have done, Elliot, you baka?! You're only 5!

I could almost hear Isabel's lip trembling from my left. "Why- why isn't she... fighting them?"

She got up to run towards her, but Farlan held her back. "Don't Isa. You'll get hurt." I got angry from his comment, but kept quiet because I knew he was right.

Elliot looked up at me. Tears flooded her eyes and leaked down her small face. She smiled, before one of the men hit her. Her eyes rolled to the back of her head.

I started up, rage filling me, but was held back by something, someone. I couldn't feel Isabel's or Farlan's presence. The stranger held my waist tightly and I struggled to get out.

Stop, please! THAT'S MY SISTER!

"NO!" I screamed. My voice was hoarse. Tears stung my eyes, and I ran out of energy, falling limp into the stranger's arms. The grip around my waist loosened before completely letting go.

I was free. Why wasn't I moving to help her? I can't be tired now, she needs me! I tried to stand up but my legs were wobbly. I fell backwards before Farlan caught me.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you. You took quite a bashing." An unfamiliar voice said. I looked up to see a tall man with piercing blue eyes fade in and out of my vision. He had a small jade medal that hung delicately from his collar.

I trembled and fought the urge to raise my leg and kick him in the face. Isabel was holding one of the 3DMG blades to his face. Her hands were shaking, I realized.

"Don't try anything, Levi. They are the Scouts." Farlan whispered in my ear. My eyes widened. What were Scouts doing Underground? I looked back at the man and, surely enough, there was the embroidered emblem of the Wings of Freedom on his jacket sleeve. Freedom, my ass.

I struggled in Farlan's grip to run the opposite direction in which the men had taken Elliot, but was pushed firmly in place.

"Farla- What is wrong with you?! I'm trying to save Elliot!"

"Are you blind Levi!" He shouted at me. "We're surrounded. They won't let us leave."

The blond man spoke again, "Who is this Elliot?"

I kept quiet. The man sighed and held his hand out to me. Farlan's grip around me loosened. I gathered my thoughts before getting up off the floor myself, not caring for his outstretched hand.

"I'm Erwin Smith, a patriot from the Scout Regiment." He said coolly. I scowled and glared at him. "And you are?"

I didn't reply. I saw 2 soldiers raise their blades to Farlan' and Isabel's necks. "OI!" Isabel cried.

I sighed in disgust. "It's Levi."

Erwin nodded and the soldiers backed away from the other two.

"Do you need something, because you better say it fast before I beat your ass." I felt my blood boil. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Isabel moving around fast.

"Don't come closer to me, or I'll cut you! I bet I can use these better than you could in your whole lifetime!" She shouted, swishing the blade around at the soldiers next to her, including Erwin.