➝ the battle of trost (1)

~ 𝖇𝖔𝖓𝖉𝖘 ~

"Kids!" We heard a familiar voice shout from behind us. I turned around to see Hannes-san and smile grew on my face - we grew up with him, how could I not?

"Hannes-san!" Eren greeted, and Hannes-san ruffled his hair.

"You guys graduated yesterday, right? I can't believe they really let you kids through..." He teased and I laughed.

"I heard they made a drunkard like you Captain of a Garrison!" He flicked my forehead before ruffling my hair too.

"Touché." He smiled and introduced us to his new subordinate.

I sighed. I had the feeling that today was going to be a long day.

Currently we were up on Wall Rose, cleaning and setting up the canons for future use. I found the job stupid and useless, since canons didn't work on titans anyway, but I did it because I could spent time with my friends.

"Connie?!" Eren screeched as he saw the shorter boy filling the canon up with gunpowder. "Weren't you the one going on and on about joining the Military Police?!" I covered my ears considering how closely together we were standing.

"Seems like he was listening to your lecture yesterday..." I read Mina's lips.

"Shut up!" Connie said as he turned around and I could see the faint blush on his cheeks. "This is my own decision!"

"Don't be so shy about it. You're not the only one." Thomas said, walking towards us.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Sasha coming with something hidden by her jacket. When she brought it out, everyone scolded her because she had stolen meat from the higher officers pantry.

I mentally praised and congratulated her.

When everyone got back to work, Eren and I stood at the edge of the wall, overlooking Trost District. "5 years have passed since then..." He told me. "Mankind is finally regaining its dignity." I nodded.

"We can finally win." I told him, quietly. He looked at me and smiled.

Suddenly, there was a flash of lighting and hot air blowing towards us. I turned around only to see the horrid face of The Collosus Titan. What the fuck is it doing here?!

A huge gust of steam pushed us to the edge of the wall. I quickly drew my blades out and thrust them into the wall, anchoring myself. I saw, out of the corner of my eye, Eren and the rest falling down the wall.

"Don't worry about them," I told myself. "They'll catch themselves."

I held back the urge to let go as the steam burned my skin. When it stopped, I lunged forwards, all of the anger that had built up over the past 7 years coursing through me.

"You bastard. You killed Louise-sama... You killed so many people that had loved ones and you dare show your ugly-ass face again?" I questioned. I jumped off the other side of the wall, my blades raised.

The titan raised its arm to swat me away, but I dodged, barely, running up the arm instead to get closer to its face. As I neared it, I leapt, altering my 3DMG to release gas in a circular motion. I swerved my blades around, ready to cut its eyes out.

Blood splattered everywhere as my blades dug into the titan's eyes. "Dammit. You got my face and shirt dirty..." I growled, backing away.

However, as it flailed its arms around blindly, it swatted me out of the air like a pesky fly. I fell, surprised and unprepared. I managed to hook my grapples onto a portion of flesh on the titan's lower half, before lunging myself upwards again. Through the ever-changing steam that came off the titan, I saw Eren, the same angry look in his eyes as mine, trying to aim at The Collosus's nape.