➝ a hypogeal quartet

~ 𝖇𝖔𝖓𝖉𝖘 ~

"Welcome home, Big Bro!" Isabel's peppy voice broke the silence that was lingering in the dank hallways of the house. I wondered why I hadn't heard the door creak open.

"Hey Isabel." His voice seemed distant.

"Elliot." Farlan's voice also seemed far away. I spun my head to look at him, tilting my head in half-hearted acknowledgment. "You were spacing out again. We should go greet Levi."

I looked at him and then shook my head violently as if to shake away any remnants of the 'spaced out'.

"Okay." I stood up fast and smiled at him. We both walked to the front door where Isabel was fishing through a bag that Levi held clutched in his hand. "Welcome back, Aniki. What did you bring?" I questioned.

"Nothing too special, brat." I pouted at the word.

"Don't call me that. Just Elliot is fine." I furrowed my brows. Levi just laughed under his breath and ruffled my hair, which I defiantly pushed away. "You're hands are bloody. Only do that after you wash them first, or you'll get my hair dirty." I didn't like the color of my hair - it always got dirty - and in this household, we took hygiene very seriously.

"You take after him quite a lot." Farlan said and Levi nodded.

"It's kind of scary how similar we are..." He mumbled under his breath. I laughed and gripped my hands in front my face, imitating a monster.

"Literally! Everything about you is the same, except for you hair color! Even your eye color and nose shape are the same!" Isabel seemed excited. I frowned a little.

"How the fuck can you tell if two people have the same nos--" Farlan received a whack to the head. "Ow."

"Watch your language around the child." Levi said sternly. I gasped and stomped my foot, my hands clutched in fists pointing to the ground.

"I am not a child! I'm 5 years old!" The three older ones just laughed at me. "I'm serious! I'm a big kid! You take me on expeditions and everything!!" Levi just flomped (?) his hand onto my head and ruffled it again. I attempted to push it away.

"Speak for yourself. You're saying my hands are dirty, but you're still wearing your dressing gown. Farlan, help her get changed. Wear something good - we are going out."

I could only huff and glare at Farlan. He nodded at Levi before looking at me, holding his hand out and smiling. I took it and we walked the hallways and into the room we all shared.

"Okay, come on. Take off the dress." He said, expectantly. He was facing away from me, rummaging through the wooden crate in the corner of the room where we kept our possessions. He threw a long-sleeved shirt at me, which I caught and put on, buttoning it fast. The sleeves were a bit too long, so they puffed up around my wrists before being held back by cuffs.
It was Levi's old one - one of the only things Kenny had managed to salvage for him from his old home - and was a beautiful lilac color.

"You keep saying that the shirt is too long for you, but that's how it's meant to be. The style of sleeve is meant to hang at the wrist." I only nodded in reply, still too mesmerized by the shirt's hue.

-----

Levi looked me up and down. "Hmm. You look... decent." I smiled at his 'compliment'. I was wearing the long sleeved shirt with some tight white pants with belt straps over them (even though I was too young to use 3DMG, the straps made me feel as cool as them). Click-clack boots reached my knees and were tied into bows. Much to Farlan's disappointment, I hadn't put up the top button, so the collar of she shirt hung loosely about my shoulders.