49 - Different Meaning

Next chapter is the last one!

My life hurts so bad
Thinking 'bout if you was here, what kinda life you would have
Nowadays, the way we live, we live our life on the edge
Nowadays, the way we live, you would die if you scared, uh

- Lil Durk

Omniscient POV - a few days later

Alaya sat in her bed, looking at houses for sale in Lake Villa, Illinois.

She had been taking what Aunt Renae said into consideration a lot. She knew what she'd be leaving if she moved. Bella and Angelo, Coi and Jayda, Pooh, and those other two people she doesn't want to mention.

But after a lot of thinking, she thought that was probably what's best for her.

Lake Villa was an hour away from Chicago so she wouldn't be too far. But she knew an hour would be a lot in the eyes of her friends.

Chicago has been her home since she was born and she would always be a Chiraq baby, but she wanted a fresh start and craved something new in her life.

Scrolling and scrolling, her eyes landed on a beautiful condo in a nice community with an affordable price.

Looking over at a sleeping Bella next to her, she closed her computer and let out a sigh, trying to focus on the tv but she couldn't.

If she left, she knew it would hurt Bella the most. They've become attached with all the drama that's been going on and leaving her would tear her apart.

She knew she couldn't take her with her, hell that's not even her kid.

But she was determined to come up with something so she can move and still be able to see her.

Her moving had more strings attached than just Bella, though.

Jayda is pregnant and of course she wants to be apart of the whole pregnancy process. Especially after Baby cheated on her.

Getting lost in her thoughts, she managed to fall asleep.

To add to that, Durk, Pooh, and Von grew worried by the day. Their little mission that they went on was compromised when those people saw those dead bodies on the porch.

Durk wasn't in the car when they came out either, so they wondered if they saw him. If they did, things wouldn't end good.

But it was out of their hands. All they could do was hope and pray.

---

Alaya POV

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing.

"Answer it," Bella whined, sitting up.

Groaning and reaching over, I picked up the phone to see Jayda calling me.

"What do you want?" I yawned answering it.

"Girl, it's almost 1:00. How are you still asleep?" she said loudly.

"Do you need something or not?"

"Come over and see Big Wayda," she cheesed.