28 - 1 Step Forward, 3 Steps Back

It's 1 step forward, and 3 steps back
I'm the love of your life until I make you mad,
Yeah, it's 1 steps forward and 3 steps back
Do you love me, want me, hate me, boy I don't understand
- Olivia Rodrigo

Omniscient POV

It was the next day and everybody was getting ready for the dinner. It was a business meeting so everybody tried to look their best.

Alaya got the kids ready while Durk got dressed. They didn't have a babysitter so they decided to bring the kids with them.

Durk had been avoiding Alaya. He knew what he did was wrong and he couldn't look at the girl he loved. The girl who had been there for him for the past year and a half.

But Alaya noticed it. She noticed how Durk slept downstairs in the living room even though she thought they were trying to rekindle things. But she didn't say anything about it.

Von and Asian were getting ready too but Von's mind wasn't even on the dinner. He peeped how Asian was acting yesterday, but he thought he was overthinking.

She ignored Von the whole ride home. When she finally spoke to him, she brought up Alaya and for some reason, that made him mad.

He wanted to throw out what ALMOST happened between him and Alaya but he decided to keep it to himself. He has hope that him and Asian will except each other's differences and stay together, but everyday his feelings shifted from Asian to Alaya.

And he didn't think a few kisses could make him feel like this, but they did. But no matter how bad he wanted Alaya, she was in a relationship and so was he.

Meanwhile, Pooh and Coi were heading out the house. Pooh offered to let Coi stay with him. He promised her he wouldn't try anything so she excepted his offer.

But, Pooh didn't try anything on Coi, she came onto him. They built a relationship over the last few months, and when they finally decided to tell everyone, the miscarriage happened. Of course, they weren't going to make it about themselves during the sad time. So, nobody knows.

--

They had arrived at the restaurant and they we're just waiting on Asian and Von, who were currently arguing in the car.

Alaya and Coi watched tiktoks with the kids while Pooh and Durk talked with the producers. They had already ordered their food.

After a while, Von and Asian came in. Von had a mad look on his face as Asian bashed him the whole way in. You could tell he was going to explode on her any minute now.

He sat across from Alaya and Asian sat across from Durk. Probably not the best seat choices.

"Von they want to talk to you," Durk told him. He couldn't even focus because Asian kept complaining. So Alaya and Coi decided to speak up.

"Asian, it's not the time," Coi said.

"Bitch, it's not about you right now. Stay over there," Asian yelled.

"Just ghetto," Coi mumbled. But Asian heard her.

"Say it louder."

"Shut the fuck up! Do you see where the fuck we at? You can argue with him when we leave. You just got here and you already on bullshit," she replied.

Coi wasn't the rude type, but Asian got under her skin. She could never be civilized.

Asian was about to say something but Alaya beat her to the punch.

"Asian she right, it's not the time."

Asian felt like Alaya wasn't taking her side and with the mood she was in today, the dinner wasn't going to end pretty.