Chapter 37

• Dedicated to Team Alekers

* Kathleen * 

I woke up the next morning in Jacob's arms . An interesting thing to wake up to in the morning . I looked over at him . He was looking out the window. I shot my arm out and pushed him off the bed so that he fell on the floor with a BANG . 
" OUCH! What was that for ?! " he demanded .
" For taking your pants off in the middle of the woods . It's called a delayed reaction . Look it up . " I said ,sliding out of bed .

He rolled his eyes and got off of the floor . 
" What do you want to do today , cutie ? " he asked me , back to his usual self .

I looked at him like I was crazy and crossed my arms .
" Uh huh . I don't really care . "

" How about we go take a romantic walk on the beach ? " he asked.

I knew this was either a really wierd dream or a really funny nightmare .To appease him , I agreed with a simple shrug . 
" Great , I'll meet you downstairs . " he said happily as he left the room . 

" Wierdo . " I muttered once he was out of earshot and walked over , grabbing a yellow bikinni since Danny had barrowed my one piece a few days ago and I hadn't seen it since .

I slid on a cardigan overtop of it and some shorts . I mean ... it was fall and it would probably be cold , but I was used to the cold water .I grabbed my bag , totally forgeting my phone and walked out the door and downstairs . Danica , Embry , Jacob , and Bella were all sitting down there chattering . 
" Are you going to be cold ? " Jacob asked with a grin .

I rolled my eyes and punched him in the arm.
" Ouch ! What was THAT for ? " he asked, rubbing his arm

" For taking your shirt off in the middle of the woods . It's called a delayed reaction . Look it up . " I said , walking out the front door .

Jacob jogged , keeping up with me as we walked towards La Push. Halfway there , he wrapped his arms around my waist . 
" Stop that . " I said .

" Why ? " Jacob asked confused .
" Because I said so . " I said .

" But I lov---- " I cut him off .
" Don't say that ! "  I snapped .
" Why not ? It's true ! "Jacob said .

 " Because it's a bad word . " 

" Who said ? "

" Me . "

He sighed .
" I love you . I love you . I love you . I love you . I love you ! " he said over and over .

I twitchedand cringed .
" Stop that ! It burns ! "

He rolled his eyes as we got to the beach . This time he let go of my waist and grabbed my hand gently . After a moment of silence , he pulled my hand up to is lips and kissed it . 
" I love you so much . " he said completely serious .
" Are you high or something ? " I asked . 

He shook his head . 

" You're my imprint . " he said .
Now I was sure he was high .

I slowly inched away from him .
" That's nice...... " I lied, not knowing what the hell he was talking about . 

" An imprint is a true love. It's like ... when you meet her it's not gravity holding you here anymore . It's her . You'd do anything --- be anything for her . A friend . A protector . A lover . Anything . You're my imprint ." he said .

" Let me guess . " It's a wolfy thing " . " I said sarcastically . 

He nodded . 
" Yeah it is . The point is , I love you and I'd do anything to make you happy. " he said .

I sighed .
" This doesnt go away overnight does it ? "

He shook his head .
" Nope . "

After our little chat ,we walked in silence and then he explained some wolfy stuff to me . We decided to head back to Charlie's when it started to get cloudy with the threat of rain . Once we got back there , I froze , seeing an exspensive car in the driveway . My heart leapt out of my chest as I left Jacob where he was standing and ran to the car just as someone was getting out . 
" ALEK ! "  I exclaimed running into his arms , hugging him tightly to me .

" Kathy , love ! Calm down ! " he said happily as he hugged me tightly as well . 
" You're here ! You're really here ! " I said.

He nodded .
" I told you I'd follow you anywhere . Besides , you didn't answer your phone . " he said .

I'd missed him so much . I missed him and his velvety English voice and his beautiful words and his handsome face and everything about him !

" Sorry about that . It doesn't matter though because you're here ! With me  ! " 

He chuckled and kissed me on the cheek lightly .

" Yes . I'm here . With you . " 

I heard someone clear thier throat as we both turned around to see Jacob .

" Who the hell are you ? " they both said at the same time .

Oh boy . Or should I say ... oh boy(s) .