Chapter 24

• Dedicat lui All of you beautiful people xoxox

* Kathleen *

I woke up the next morning , strangely happy . I walked downstairs to see my mother already gone to work . 

" I'm going to salvage this summer and it's going to be memorable . " I said to myself .

My home phone rung and I picked it up . 

" Swan Residence . " I said formally , in case it was someone looking for my mom .

" Finally ! I've been trying to get ahold of you ! " Danica's voice said .

I hadn't seen her in a few days .

" What is it ? " I asked , grabbing a banana .

" Do you know how many times I tried to call you ?! " she asked . 

" No, sorry . I was ... busy . " I lied , throwing my banana away . 

" Oh really , doing what ? " she asked , cocking an eyebrow . 

" Uh ..... plotting to take over the world. " I said sarcastically .

Danica laughed and there was a knock on the door . I went to answer it . 

" And guess what happened to me last night . I met a ---- " I cut myself off when I opened the door to see Alek standing there , running a hand through his hair . 

" A what ? What happened ?! " Danica said, but I was to busy staring at Alek in surprise . 

" Hello , I um , didn't mean to intrude . " he said , holding back a chuckle .

" What happened ? " Danica asked once again . 

" I'll call you back, Danny . " I said , hanging up despite her protests .

" No problem . " I said, turning to Alec with an embarresed smile .

" I was wondering if you wanted  to go for a walk or something ? " he asked .

I nodded . 

" That sounds .... nice . " I smiled .

He nodded and he extended his elbow to me with a wink . I laughed and took his arm as he lead me down off of the porch and down the sidewalk .  

" So ,Miss Swan , where would you like to walk ? " he asked .

" Um . We could walk through town and maybe grab an ice cream . It's hot . " I suggested .

He laughed . 

" Alright . " 

I noticed his skin was actually pretty cool and it felt good .

* Danica *

Things have sorta gone back to normal . I still talk to Embry all the time and he's been telling me that things are sorta going to normal there too . I guess that's a good thing even though it's only been a few weeks . There was still a month and a half left of summer vacation and that was a good thing . I haven't seen Kathy much in the 3 weeks we've been back and I was really hoping to become close with her again as friends . I was walking through town when I stopped walking and my jaw dropped . Kathleen was walking to the ice cream shop with an extremely good looking guy . No wonder she shooed me off the phone ! 

* Kathleen *

Alek and I got to the ice cream shop and he got the door for me as we walked inside and up to the counter . 

" What can I get you ? " asked the woman behind the counter , practically drooling over Alek .

" Uh , I'll take a chocolate ice cream with m&ms and whipped cream . " I said , digging into my bag , trying to find my wallet .