Chapter 39

* Kathleen *

After diner , we all sat around and talked for awhile . Kendal told alot of jokes and Bella kept flirting with Alek . James and Danica talked about math problems and I just sat there watching my cousin all over my best friend . He didn't seem to notice until the end of the night and he started to flirt back a little. 
" You know , I'm going to head home . " I said , when I'd finally had enough .
" So soon ? " Alek asked , looking at Bella and then up at me .

I shot him a glare .
" Yes. So . Soon." I snapped , walking out .

I hadn't got halfway out when Danica came with me .
" What's up ? " she asked as we were walking across the street.

" Oh. Nothing ! What would make you think something is UP . " I hissed popping the " p " .

She sighed .
" Was it Alek ? "

I shot her a glare .
" Of course not . He can be with whoever makes him happy. " I said , pretty much lying .
" You like him ? " she asked as we got to the front door .

" Pffft ! No ! " I said and almost jumped through the ceiling when I saw Alice Cullen standing there .

I thought she'd left town . 
" Kathleen  , I'm so sorry for your loss ! " she said , pulling me into a hug .
" What are you talking about ? You mean my sanity. Don't worry , that's been gone awhile now . " I added .
" N-No . For Bella . " she said confused.
" Bella ? What the hell happened when I left . Bella is across the street and she's fine ." I said , crossing my arms .

She looked confused for a moment .
" Oh no . The Voulturi . " she whispered .

" The who ? " Danica asked .
" I need to speak with Bella . " she said , just as the door opened to reveal Alek , Jacob , and Bella .

" Figures. " I muttered . 

" Alice ?! " Bella said confused . 
" I might just sit this one out . I'm as confused as hell . " I muttered , walking into the kitchen .

Jacob , Alec , and Danny followed me , leaving Alice and Bella to talk alone . I started to do some dishes and Alek walked over , offering to help . I snatched the glass out of his hands before he could clean it and did it myself. He put his hands up deffensively . 
" Was my cooking that bad ? " he asked .

I shot him a glare .
" Drop dead .Oh wait ! " I snapped quietly and finished the dishes , pushing past him .

" He's going to the Voulturi ?! Alright , we're going to Italy . Now . " Bella said, running upstairs to pack .
" All exspenses paid , is there an extra ticket ? " I yelled sarcastically .

Everyone looked at me like I was crazy and I shot up my middle finger .
" Shush ! "

Danica rolled her eyes and Jacob tossed me the dish towel .
" You know , Alek , you could always go with her . Might be a good way for you two to ... " bond " . " I hissed , walking into the living room .

Jacob sighed and followed me .
" Do you want to take a walk ? " he asked me .

I looked out at the darkness and shook my head.
" Not very appealing . Something might eat me. Like a giant dog . Wonder where I got that idea. " I said motioning with my hands as I talked . 

He rolled his eyes and Bella and Alice left . 
" Tell Charlie I'll be back after I save Edward! " she called ,walking out the door.
" The ass with bad hair that left you for dead ? I'm sure he'll love that and I bet he'll be cleaning his gun again when you both get back ! " I said from my place on the couch .

" Alright , do you want to ... um ... watch a movie ? " Jacob asked politely . 
" You mean like a sappy kind that only talks about the 4 letter word that doesn't exist ? No thanks . " I snapped .

Danny sighed and sat down next to me on the other side .
" Love ? " Jacob asked .

" Damn you . " I sighed .

He chuckled .
" Well what do you want to do then ? " he asked .

" She likes to listen to music . "Alek threw in .

We all glared at him and he shrugged .
" I want you to paint my nails for me , Jake . " I said , fluffing the pillow behind my head unamused .

He looked at me like I was crazy .

" She's serious . " Danica added .

" You've been telling me all about your life and showing me around YOUR town and showing me what YOU do for fun and now I want to show you what I do for fun. I like this minty color . " I said, handing him the color from the table next to the couch .

He gulped.
" I-I can't paint nails . " he said .

" I guess you'll have to learn because nobody's leaving until I've had a pedi and a mani . "  I said .

" B-But . " Jacob protsted . 

" Move . Hand me the french tip kit . " Alek said , rolling his eyes as he pulled up a chair and started to do a French pedicure on my feet easily . 

Danica burst out laughing while Jacob and I just glared at him .

" Dude ! " Jacob said, snatching the minty green color I wanted and grumbled , cussing under his breath as he started to do my nails . 

I looked over at Danica who was laughing her butt off . 
" The one that sucks gets to do Danny's nails . " I added .
" That's not nice . " Danica said , shaking her head .

I shrugged .
" I never said I was nice . " I said , closing my eyes .

When I opened them , Alek's were perfect and Jacob's were ..... awful . Alek looked at my newly green hands and burst out laughing .
" Jacob ! " I hissed .
" I told you I didn't know how to do this ! You'll start a new trend . " he said ,trying to calm me down .
" Danny ! Nail polish remover. " Alek said as Danica tossed it to him and he redid my nails exactly how I wanted them .

Jacob looked over at him and shook his head.
" I hate you . " he growled . 

" Guess it's a good thing that I don't care then , right ? " Alek said as he finished my nails off with a clear coat .

I looked down at my nails inspecting them carefully .
" Dammit ! You can't be good at everything ! Y-You ! You ! You freaking Nail God ! I hate you . " I barked and stormed up to my room .

* Danica *

" W-What did I do ? I got the color right ... " Alek said , scratching the back of his head .

" Maybe she just hates you as much as I do . " Jacob snapped .

I sighed , rolling my eyes.
" Maybe she hates you BOTH as much as I do right now . " I suggested .

They both looked at me and I put a finger up to my temple , rubbing it .
" Look , I get it . You're both into her . ALOT . But you need to calm down . AND at LEAST once , you've both flirted with her cousin . " I added .

" Have not ! " they both said at the same time .

I shook my head .
" Yeah you have . " I said .

" Yeah , but I know her ! I know her so much better ! " Jacob said. 
" Not better then I do . " Alek said .

" Wanna bet ?! " Jacob snarled .

I sighed .
" You know , that's a good idea . Let's play a little game to see who exactly knows Kathleen best . I'm going to ask you a question about her and you're going to answer . " I said .
" Fair enough . " Alek said .

" I'm whooping your ass . " Jacob said in satisfaction .

I rolled my eyes .
" Favorite Color ? " I asked .

" Blue ! " they both said .

" Correct . "

And so it went on .....