Chapter 30

* Kathleen *

Alek stayed with me that night as I packed the last of my things . When I was finally ready to go , I walked over and looked at the clock . 10:45 . 

" I guess I'm already to go . " I said with a sigh .

Alek was laying on my bed watching me . His tye was lostened and the first few buttons of his shirt were unbuttoned . He didn't say anything . Just sat there like he was deep in thought. 

" What are you thinking about ? " he asked , when I walked over and laid down next to him . 

" Just how different things are going to be . " I muttered . 

He shook his head . 

" You're worrying to much . "

" What about you ? Huh ?! What am I supposed to do about that ?" I asked him .

He chuckled .

" I told you I'd follow you anywhere , woman . "

I rolled my eyes.

" Yeah right."

He put his hands up in surrender .

"You should get some sleep . " he said after a moment . I nodded . 

" I think I will . " I said , sliding under the covers , hugging him close . 

He stroked my hair and I fell off to sleep within moments of closing my eyes . 

" Sweet dreams. " I heard Alek mutter before I was completely consumed in my thoughts .

I woke up the next morning and to my surprise , Alek had left me a note . I picked it up , skimming over his perfect hand writting .

Lovely Lady ,

I'll see you this afternoon . Until then, try to keep breathing and calm down . I'm sure Forks isn't as bad as you said it was in your sleep ;)

Alek 

I laughed at Alek's note and grabbed my bags , walking downstairs , putting them by the door. My flight was this afternoon and everyone was coming over to say goodbye to me before then . My mother was downstairs , making me breakfast . I hadn't really talked to her much since she told me I was living in Forks for a year . 

" Morning . " she said , trying to manage a small smile .

I shrugged passed her and grabbed a glass of apple juice , not really wanting whatever else she was making me .

" Kathleen ... I'm sorry . I just don't know what else to do . We could really use the money and I didn't want you to have to deal with your father . " she said , trying to explain what was going through her head .

" Did you ever think that this has nothing to do with money ? Did you ever think I might be able to handle things better if you were HOME ? Huh ? This has nothing to do with money . " I snapped .

She sighed . 

" I'm sorry . "

" Whatever . " I said quietly .

The day was pretty much like that . With my mother spilling her guts out left and right . I really did love her and I really did know that she meant well . Sometimes she was just trying to hard .  Finally , it came time for me to grab my bags and load them in the car . I was actually pretty strong despite other people's opinions . I was actually pretty fast to . I was walking back inside when I heard a car pull up . I turned to see Alek , Kendal , and James . Seeing them , I ran off of the porch and into a giant hug from them . 

" I'm going to miss you so much .  " I said .

Kendal chuckled . 

" We know . " he added with a wink . 

Alek pushed him playfully and wrapped his arms around me . I hugged him extra tightly , putting my head on his chest . He stroked my hair and James smiled .

" Eww . " Kendal muttered under his breath .

Alek rolled his eyes and then Morgan walked up my driveway . 

" I can't belive I won't see you until break ! " she squealed , pulling me out of Alek's arms and into her own , giving me a bone crushing hug .

I laughed and threw my arms around her .

" I know . But don't worry . I'm sure you can find something to do . " I said with a wink.

She laughed and slid her hands into the pockets of her shorts . I turned to see none other then Danica West walking up my driveway . I was probably going to miss her most of all . I tried hard not tear up , but ended up breaking down a little the closer she got. I couldn't beleive she wasn't upset . 

" What the hell ?! If I'm crying , you sure as hell better be crying to ! " I scolded . 

Danica rolled her eyes and burst out laughing , looking down . I followed her gaze and saw she had her suitcase . I paused . Why hadn't I noticed that ?

" I'm not crying because I'm sure as hell going back to the trenches with you . Forks here we come ! " Danica exclaimed .

 " No way ! " I said happily . 

" Yes way ! " she said .

We both jumped up and down hugging eachother .

" YES ! I'm not going to hell alone ! "  I cried . 

" Nope . I'm goin' with ya . We're a package deal ." she said smiling .

" I see you found your travel companion . " my mother said walking out .

We both nodded and then she got in the car . 

" 3 minitues . " my mother said .

Danny said goodbye to everyone and so did I . I finally got to the person I'd been putting off saying goodbye to . Alek . I sighed and pulled him into another tight hug , just letting him hold me a moment .

" I'm going to miss you . " I sighed. 

He chuckled and looked down at me . 

" I'm going to miss you to . Just remember what I said. " he murmered .

I nodded and he kissed me on the cheek . I was about to get into the car when he spun me around and pecked me on the lips . 

" Come back soon . " he said .

I gulped and nodded , getting in the car surprise . I heard Kendal and James burst into laughter as Alek took a few steps back and we drove to the airport . We got to the airport and got on our plane quickly and I couldn't stop thinking about the kiss.

" Are you two offical now ? " Danny finally asked me after silence .

I shrugged shaking my head.

" Friendly kiss . Friends. " I muttered .

She shook her head this time.

" Denial . " she muttered.

I nudged her playfully as I once again found myself walking into the Seattle airport .  I saw Uncle Charlie and a depressed looking Bella waiting for us . Of course . Charlie smiled and pulled me into a hug. This time, the awkward hug came from Bella . She looked awful . We spoke a few words and piled into Charlie's police cruiser , driving back through Forks . Surprisingly when we got back to Charlie's here were already some people waiting for us . I saw Seth , Jared , Paul , Quil , Embry and ... Jacob Black . I cleared my throat and didn't make eye contact with any of them as Embry ran over and pulled Danica into a tight hug and spun her around . I was out of my element here . I knew that . I didn't have anyone to really talk to . I knew Danny would want to spend her time with Embry and I knew that I was standing in a room full of people who'd lied to me . And the worst offender ? Jacob Black .

--- I hope I'm not boring you guys .... maybe I should heat things up abit. -----