Chapter 20

* Danica *

Everyone looked at me after Kathleen stormed inside and I sighed . 

" At least she took it well . " I said .

They looked at me like I was crazy .

" If she was taking it BADLY then it could involve sissors .

" She was almost vampire bait ! Shouldn't you guys tell her before I lose my cousin forever ?! " Bella demanded .

Edward wrapped his arm around her and everyone looked at Jacob .

" Not now . It's to dangerous for her . Just like it's to dangerous for ... " he trailed off .

" She knows . I told her last night . Danica is okay with it all . " Embry said , grabbing my hand .

Everyone looked at us and I blushed slightly , pulling my hand away . 

" I can't do this . I can't live a lie . I can't . Kathleen is my best friend and she needs me . " I said , shaking my head .

" You're not going to tell her , are you ? " Quil asked .

I shook my head .

" I couldn't do that . That would send her to the hospital if she found that out . " I said .

" What do you mean ? " Jacob asked .

" She just .... has had a rough go . Look , I'm going to go pack . If Kathy isn't staying here, then niether am I . I'm sorry . " I said , walking into the house . 

I walked upstairs slowly and waited at Kathleen's door ,waiting a moment . I heard her muffled voice coming from inside and I knew she was talking to her mom . 

" Mom , I've never felt so crazy . I mean ... not in years . And I'm NOT crazy , I'm NOT ! But there's something going on and I really hate this town . Why did you ever make me come here ?! " 

Silence .

" Yeah yeah. Let me finish packing . Bye mom . Love you . "

I heard the sound of the phone being hung up and took my chance to knock on the door , just hoping she'd cooled down .

" Go away with your freaky ass town . " she snapped and I rolled my eyes .

" It's me , Kathleen . "  I said .

The door opened and I was looking at my stone faced friend .

" What ? " she demanded but sighed halfway through it and lowered her voice .

" What time is our flight ? " I asked hesitantly .

" OUR flight ? " she asked, crossing her arms . 

I nodded . 

" I can't stay here without you . You're my favorite accessory . " I said with a laugh .

At the joke , she softened up a little, but was still on guard .

" We leave tonight around 7:00 .It's about 4 now . By the time we pack and Charlie gets home to take us , we should be on time . " she explained .

I nodded .

" I'll go pack . " I said .

I walked back into my room , opening my suitcase to throw my clothes into it . Then I changed into jeans , a green graphic t-shit that says " I'm Not Short , I'm Fun-size " and a hoodie . I loved that shirts since I was a little on the short side , but hey ! There are shorted people in the world then me .  And it could also be the fact that my friends make me look shorter with thier tallness . Ever think about that ?! It's not me , it's you ! After I'd packed , I walked downstairs with Kathleen just in time for Charlie to walk through the door .