Chapter 36

• Dedicated to People who don't answer phones

* Kathleen *

Jacob finally got off of me and we walked up to the porch . 

" They're giant dogs to, aren't they ? " I asked , looking at Embry , Quil , Paul, Seth , and Jared .

He nodded . 
" Yup . Now you know . "  

" Welcome to the secret club . " Seth smiled .

I nodded . 
" Thanks . " I said , walking inside.

* Danica *

" She took that really well . " Embry said .
" At least until she finds out that you were in on it . " Quil added .

" Which should be ... right about ... now . " Jared said .

* Kathleen *

Danica wasn't surprised by that . How ? Could she have known ? Nah. She wouldn't do that to me .

" DANICA ! " I yelled , walking back outside , slamming the glass door .

She cringed hearing my yell .
" You knew ! You knew and you lied to me ! The whole time ! I knew it ! I knew you were lying ! " I accused .

She gulped .
" Kathy , I'm sorry ! I wanted to tell you ..... " she said  

"And we just wanted to say that if there was anything we could do to help you . You know .... with your dad adn all . " Paul said , scratching the back of his head .

Oh no. They all knew . It wasn't just Jacob . I was horrified . My whole expression changed and I could tell by the look on thier faces that they were sorry . Not that I cared . Since when did sorry ever fix anything .
" Kathy  , he didn't mean it ! "Danica said but I was already running up to my room . 

I threw myself on my bed in embarresment and burried my face in my pillow . It must've been a matter of seconds later that Jacob walked in and pulled me into his arms , holding me once again .
" I thought we established that Paul is an ass . " he said soothingly .

I didn't crack a smile, just glared at him . Jacob put his hands up deffensively .

" That was my last wall . My last wall to keep people out . " I muttered .

He put a hand on my cheek gently .

" Then maybe it's a good thing that it came crashing down . "he said and then pulled me into a kiss . 

We pulled back and I looked at him with an unreadable expression .

" Kathleen, I love you . " he said and then didn't give me a chance to answer , just went in and kissed me again .

This time , he didn't pull back as quickly and worked his way down to my neck . I closed my eyes as he kissed me , ignoring the rest of the world . Including the ringing of my phone .

----- Anyone ever notice how Kathleen never answers her phone ? Like ... ever ? ----