Chapter 3

* Kathleen *

I woke up the next morning to see a note on my dresser . I picked it up and read it .

Kathy , 

I decided to explore Forks today and I know that you'd like to bond with your cousin so tomarrow and the next day I'll go see the Olympic Forest and explore the scenery and then we can party all weekend ! But not to much ! Behave and just maybe we might be able to find an ice cream cake around here .

Danny

I giggled at the note and slid into some tight jeans with a short sleeve tight v neck shirt . Nothing to fancy, just casual and pretty comfortable with some tribal print slip ons on my feet . I left my hair down like I usually did . I didn't bother even looking in the mirror or checking myself as I walked out with my book of Wuthering Heights in my hands . Seeing Bella already in her car , I grabbed an apple and walked out , sliding in next to her . 

" Morning . " she said with a smile .

" Unfortunately . " I said with a sigh , not really liking the fact that it was morning . 

At least it was cloudy . We drove once again through the curvy roads of Forks . I finally saw a sign that said "Quileute Native American Reservation " . Bella pulled off at the parking lot and I was mesmerized by the Pacific Ocean . 
" I'm gonna head to the beach . " I said , heading towards the beach .

" Oh . Okay . I'll meet you there in a few minitues. " she said as she headed down the short little path .

" Whatever , cuz . "I said , as I finally got to the sand and slid my shoes off , walking along the crashing waves .

A light breeze through my thick hair and I smelt the salty air in my lungs . To my surprise , it was similiar to back east , but not quiete . I saw a rock formation and decided to walk over and have a seat on it , keeping my feet in the water as I put my head in my hands and just thought . It was the first time in a long time where I actually had time to myself to stop and think . I hummed to myself and found myself tracing the lines on my hand as I sighed , just happy for some fresh air and some peace . 

" Kathy ?! " Bella called . 

" And there it goes . My last piece of sanity. " I muttered and slid off the rocks , walking back to Bella who had a few guys with her . 

A few ... shirtless guys . They looked surprised to see me as I walked over with my hands in my pockets . 
" You bellowed ? " I asked with an arched eyebrow.

Bella rolled her eyes.
" Yeah . Um, I couldn't find my friend , Jacob . But this is Embry, Quil , Paul , Jared, and Seth . " she said introducing them . 

I waved awkardly once again and they just stared at me until finally Seth said something . 
" You're really pretty . " he said nervously .

I gave him a small smile .
" Thanks . "

 He blushed and looked down . Jared and Paul looked over , seeing Seth blush and chuckled , making Seth blush harder . 

" Where are you from , cutie ? " Paul asked .

I crossed my arms and gave him an " Are you serious ? " look , but decided I would be nice today and answer his question .

" Maryland . Not sure you're small brain can comprehend that . " I said , rolling my eyes .

I heard the other boys chuckle .
" I know where it is ! " Paul said defensively and then smirked .

" I don't . " Jared said , scratching  his head .

I shook my head and looked over at Bella .

"  Maryland, huh ? Isn't it like ...across the country ? " Quil asked .

" Nope . It's right next to Neverland . Only you take a right at mermaid lagoon . " I said with a sigh .

Embry chuckled . 
" Don't worry about them . They're always like that . Isn't that right, Seth ? " he asked , nudgeing Seth .

Seth nodded with a small smile . 

" Well we should probably go see the Cull---- . " Bella was cut off by her phone beeping . 

She looked down at it .
" Nevermind. The Cullens are going camping today . Guess we have the day to kill . " she said , looking up at her phone and over at me . 

I shrugged and looked over at the Pacifc once again . 
" Danny is taking a tour through Forks today . "

" Danny ? Your boyfriend ? " Paul asked , cocking an eyebrow .

I burst out laughing .
" Yeah right . She'd kill you if she heard you say that . " I said and Bella giggled .

Paul got a wierd look on his face and cleared his throat .
" Danica West is my best friend and she came with me. She's from Pennsylvania . "  I explained .

" Oh . Awesome . " Jared said , chuckling at Paul's expression .

Just then as if there weren't enough shirtless guys around here , another one ran up and hugged Bella . 
" Hey Bells . " he said , hugging her .

" Hey Jake ! " Bella said , hugging him back before they looked at eachother awkardly and then Bella motioned to me .

" This is Kathy . She's my cousin . " she said and when Jacob looked at me , he froze and just stared at me for a second.

Everyone was quiete as they looked at Jacob staring at me . I narrowed my eyes at him .
" Wanna take a picture ? Might last longer . " I said sweetly with a smile even though there was acid behind my voice .

He looked surprised and cocked an eyebrow at me curiously before extending his hand to me . 
" Uh , I'm Jacob Black . " he said , still looking at me .

" Kathleen . Kathleen Swan . People I like get the privalage of calling me Kathy . " I said , shaking his hand .

I heard more laughing from he guys as Jacob just looked at me curiously and smiled , chuckling .
" Am I one of those people ? " he asked .

I shrugged .
" Still deciding . " I muttered .

His smile faded slightly just as my phone rang and I answered it .
" Hello ? "

" Kathy ! Guess what ?! " Danica asked from the other end of the line.
" Hey , Danny . Guess ? Um .... you got taken hostage by unicorns ? " I asked sarcastically .
" Nope . " she said .
" You met a bunch of shirtless guys that obviously have never looked at a map of the Uninted States of America ? " I asked , shooting a glance at the guys as I looked back down at my phone.
" Nope ! Wait , what ? " she asked , laughing .

" Nothing , come on , Danny . I don't have all day . Spit it out ! " I said .
" I went to the local library and started to reasearch the history of the town . Did you know there's a place here called La Push where the native Americans there have ledgends of turning into wolves ? " she asked curiously .

I laughed .
" Wolves ? I'm pretty sure that isn't possible , Danny . Look , you can tell me all about it later . I promise . I gotta go . Take lots of pics for your mom ! Actually for my mom too , because I'm probably to lazy to do that . " I said .

She laughed and then we said goodbye and hung up .

" Come on , Kathy , we should probably head back home . " Bella suggested .

I nodded .
" Sounds good . I had a nice book to read . " I replied .

" Will you be back ? " Jacob asked looking at me once again .
" Depends . " I said with a shrug .

" I'll take that as a yes ." Seth smiled .
" As long as you have the ocean , I'll be back . " I said , looking at the ocean before grabbing my bag and jogging back to Bella's car .

---- What do ya guys think ? -----