Redamancy~ (Oneshot)💗

(A/N): Hi, everyone!! I'm back with a fluff/romance piece that I think you'll enjoy! I haven't been feeling the best recently, but writing makes me feel better. Please enjoy this story and comment with your thoughts!!

Redamancy

noun: The act of loving in return.

I stared at the ceiling above me silently as I listened to the world around me. The hum of an engine met my ears from a car passing by on the street, a few birds fluttered past the partially open windows, and the sound of keyboard keys clacking could be heard in the corner of the room from the love of my life. The air was pleasantly warm and the bed I was lying on was extremely comfortable. I was at peace.

"You do know you can't stay in bed all day, right? Get up and stretch a bit.", the soothing voice of my best friend and love interest came from somewhere in the room. I sighed and rolled my eyes before replying, "I don't wanna get up. You can't make me either.". The keyboard clacking stopped abruptly and I heard Danny's chair move. I bit back a smile and pretended not to notice anything.

Suddenly, Danny's face was hovering over mine. "Don't make me drag you out of my bed, brat. Get up and get moving. Laying in bed all day isn't healthy.", he ordered with a soft glare. I looked into his eyes before rolling away to the other side of the bed and ignoring him. He heaved a sigh and the room was silent for a bit before I was unceremoniously kicked off the bed.

I landed with a grunt and thud, but I wasn't hurt much. I cracked a smile for the first time today as I listened to Danny laugh. I snickered quietly before making my face stoic and lifting my head so that only my eyes could be seen above the mattress. Danny looked at me and burst into a new wave of laughter. "I-I'm sorry I just *giggles* you needed t-to get out of bed and I *cackles* I just had to do it!", he managed to get out between giggles. I growled a little bit before lunging at him and successfully knocking him to the floor.

He gave a little 'oof' as he hit the floor but continued laughing. I scoffed before sitting on his stomach and beginning to pinch him in random places. "Okay, okay! *pinch* Ouch, I'm *pinch* sorry *pinch* s-stop it!!", he demanded while squirming and trying to push me off of him. I stopped pinching him to lean down and attempt to intimidate him. "Apologize or else.", I stated calmly causing a radiant smile to brighten Danny's face. He reached up to lightly pat my face before saying, "You're so adorable when you're angry!". I shook my head before getting off of him and walking toward his closet. "You're lucky I'm in love with you, idiot.", I muttered not expecting him to hear me.

There was silence behind me as I rummaged through his various clothing items in search of his hoodies. "What did you just say?", Danny asked sounding serious. I paused and began hurriedly thinking of what I could say. How the fuck did he hear me??? "I said I love you, idiot.", I replied with a dismissive wave of my hand in hopes he wouldn't notice my nervousness. There was more silence as I continued searching until I found the specific hoodie I was looking for.

Once I found it, I stepped into the closet and shut the door to change, thinking that the issue had been resolved. I sighed and opened the door only to be scared half to death by Danny standing in front of me. "You have got to stop doing that shit, my guy. At least make a little bit of noise when you walk.", I playfully scolded him while stepping out of the closet and shutting the doors behind me. I moved to step around him, but he had other plans.

Danny stepped in front of me to block my path causing me to smile and try to go the other way. He blocked me again and lightly shoved me back against the closet door. "I heard exactly what you said the first time, so there's no need to lie. What I do want to know is if you truly meant it.", he spoke in a level tone I'd never heard him use before.

I sighed and looked away from him while contemplating whether or not I would tell him the truth. On one hand, he already knew what I said and me telling him could be the start of a new chapter in our lives together. On the other, me telling him could destroy the years of bonding and friendly love that we'd built ever since we were kids. I couldn't lose him just because of my stupid feelings; we'd been through too much together.

I looked and stared into those chocolate eyes that I'd grown to love so much and made my decision. "Of course I meant what I said, Danny. I've been in love with you for nearly all my life, and I'm prepared to spend the rest of my life with you. Whether it be as a friend or a lover, I don't care which. As long as I'm by your side, I'll be happy.", I spoke earnestly and from my heart. Although I was terrified of what he'd say next, I was relieved that I didn't have to carry that secret around anymore.

We were both still for a moment before Danny moved to pull me into a warm hug. I hugged him back and closed my eyes to listen to the silence between the two of us. "Why didn't you tell me sooner?", he inquired with his voice slightly muffled by the fabric of his hoodie, "Here I've been trying to gather the courage I needed to tell you how I felt for the past ten or more years, and you're telling me we could've been together ages ago? You're not allowed to keep anything from me ever again.", he said while pulling back. I frowned in slight confusion at his words.

"You mean you're not mad at me for feeling that way? You love me the same way I love you?", I asked carefully in an attempt not to get my hopes up. He smiled and I swear the entire room caught ablaze with the light his smile brought to it. "I could never be angry at you for loving me when I love you more.", he stated before taking my hand in his. I smiled and hugged him before pulling away with a bright smile of my own.

"So, what do we do now? What comes next?", I asked while bringing our joined hands up to kiss his knuckles. He chuckled before walking backward with me in tow toward the bed he'd just kicked me from. "Don't worry, darling! Believe me when I say we have a lot of lost time to make up for, and I'll make sure to keep you busy and by my side afterward.", he purred in a lower tone than before.

I rolled my eyes and allowed him to pull me close to him. He planted a single kiss on my lips, short and sweet, which I happily returned. "I love you, idiot.", I chirped happily as I laced my finger with his. "I love you more, nerd.", he replied before kissing my forehead and moving to sit on the edge of the bed with a smirk.

"Now let's get to it, shall we!~"

THE END

(A/N): Hellooo, everyone! Thank you for reading this story and hopefully enjoying it. Did you like it? What was your favorite part? Please vote, share, and comment your thoughts on this piece!! Remember to eat healthily and drink lots of water!! I love you all mwah mwah!! <33

p.s

 IF YOU GET THIS BOOK TO 3K READS BY NEXT UPDATE TIME, I'LL WRITE A FULL SMUT FOR Y'ALL~

thesmolbean out.