Honey Bunny (Oneshot)💗

(A/N): Hi!! This story is a sequel to 'Cat Boy Cuddles'! This will contain angst and fluff. There will be mentions of Heat/Heat Sickness.

36 hours. That's how long it had been since Danny had spoken to you. That was how long you had been wondering just what you had done to deserve such a punishment. Even though the two of you weren't always together, you often texted or called each other at least 5 times a day. Now, as you repeatedly scroll through your empty message and call logs, you begin to wonder if he'd finally gotten tired of you or if he was okay.

A heavy sigh escapes your lips for the umpteenth time as you throw yourself onto your sheets. You glance out of the corner of your eyes at the navy blue velvet chair that you had bought for Danny years ago. Your heart sinks at the sight of it, and you find yourself even more homesick for the white-haired kitty cat you called your best friend. Your mood continues to drop as you reminisce about all the times you and Danny had hung out together.

Abruptly, your door is thrown open by the eldest of your older brothers. His jaw is clenched and his left ear is twitching every now and then. He's pissed and that is not a good thing. Without a word, he walks over to your spot on the bed and grabs your wrist before pulling you up. He takes your hand in his before flipping your palm upward and placing his keys in the center of it.

"Why are you giving me your keys, Julian?", you ask in deep confusion. (A/N): Only OGs will catch that. He scoffs before making his way toward your door. "You have been wallowing in self pity for nearly two days, (Y/N). Go see him now or so help me God I will drive you there myself.", he says while lingering in your doorway. You frown and stare at the keys before muttering, "What if he doesn't want to see me?".

Julian sighs before speaking in a gentler tone. "You and that overgrown kitten have been friends since you were wading in kiddy pools. There hasn't been a day since you met that he hasn't wanted to see you even in his darkest hours.", he assures while gesturing for you to leave and then leaving himself. You think on his words a while longer before standing and exiting your room. With a farewell to your family and a quick hug to your mother, you leave your house and begin your drive to Danny's.

On the way there, you begin to think of all reasons he could be ignoring you. Maybe it was something you did or said. Maybe he wanted time to himself. Maybe he didn't want to be your friend anymore at all. Your vision gets a bit blurred by unshed tears but, you quickly blink them away and focus on the road. You spend the rest of the drive trying not to think at all and hoping that things would turn out alright in the end.

You arrive about 10 minutes later than you normally would, but you think nothing of it. You're too focused on calming your racing heart. As you walk toward his house, you can't help but feel like something's off. Your nose twitches as you pick up Danny's scent, but there's something off about it. As you get closer and try to pinpoint exactly what it is, you hear a pained hiss from inside the house causing your ears to twitch and swivel in panic. You pick up your pace and knock at the door while calling for Danny.

Seconds pass with no reply even after you knock and call a few times more. You reach for the knob and turn it to discover that it was unlocked the entire time. That too was a sign that something was wrong; Danny never left his front door unlocked. As you step inside, a wave of Danny's scent hits you as well as a revelation of why he hadn't come by to see you or responded to your attempts in reaching him. Danny was in heat.

You try to focus on getting to Danny's room and not on the intoxicating smell of cinnamon and vanilla in the air. Danny's scent was usually sweet, but this sweet was on a completely different level. The higher you climbed the stairs, the more prominent the smell got. By the time you reached his bedroom door, you were nearly dizzy.