Chapter 40

ELSA

Jack stops breathing, I'm on a panic attack. I don't know what to do, I'm scared to lose him. I tried my best to perform a CPR but it's not working. I hug him tightly, crying on his shoulder and praying to the heavens to bring him back to me. The radio statics, giving me hope. I quickly grab my radio and hold Jack close to me.

"Hello?! Is anyone there?! This is Private Elsa! Please help!"

I shout many times.

The radio statics again. "Hello? Is that you Private Elsa? This is Captain North! Report your location!", I heard North said over the radio. I put a hand over Jack's chest. He's starting to breathe thank God but it's shallow.

"I'm on the east ground of North Mountain! Captain Jack is wounded! Send help as soon as possible!", I start to pant.

"Sending rescue! Stay where you are! I'll reach you again to check on your status! Keep Jack breathing!", North commanded.

"Roger!", I said. The radio stops, making me worry again. What if they get killed on the way? What if they are to be sabotage? A lot of thoughts enter my mind, making me feel more scared. My eyes look at Jack, he's breathing shallowly. He's paler than before. I don't want to lose the man I love.

I hug him tightly, crying on his chest. "Baby, I'm so sorry. It's not me. I'm sorry I hurt you, this is all my fault!", I sob. "If Pitch did not use my fear to threaten me, I would have save you!", I continue to blame myself.

I feel a hand brushing my hair, I gasp. Looking at Jack, I see him smiling at me weakly. "JACK!", I cup his cheek.

"S-snowflake", He smiles.

"Don't speak! The help is on the way! Bare with me longer! Please!"

Tears escapes my eyes, strolling down my cheeks. Jack weakly reach for my cheek, he cup my cheek. Leaning my cheek against his palm, I hold his hand. "I w-won't die, remember our plans in the f-future?", Jack chuckles. "We.. w-will do all of that...", He coughs.

"D-don't speak anymore! Please, stay awake! Don't die on me!", I hug him again. Jack kisses my forehead, wrapping his arms around me.

"I just want to sleep snowflake...I did not get enough sleep for a couple of months... I feel so tired..", Jack says.

"Frosty don't sleep, please? What if you die on your sleep? I did this to you! I'm not going to forgive myself if you die!", I said facing him.

".....Stupid", he flicked my head.

"Idiot....", Jack laugh weakly.

"....Baka", he laugh more.

"There, insulting me again! Insult me all you want if that will keep you awake!", I said. I'm desperate to keep him awake, this man can't die in my arms. He's not allowed to leave me. This is the first time I love someone unconditionally!

"C-cluts..", he stuttered. "You s-shouldn't have joined military school..."

"....a precious woman like you don't deserve to be wounded in a war like this", he continues. I keep listening to him, holding him close to me. Hoping that the rescue will come faster.

"...you don't have a place in the academy", Jack coughs. "I saw it in the first encounter", he said. His voice, cracking.

I want to stop him from speaking but I want him noisy so I know he's holding up. "your cheek look ugly when the rewards molded on it", he chuckled. "Stupid idiot", Jack put a hand on my head. He kissed my head, holding me tight. The engine roars from the distance, loads of trucks are heading to our direction.