Chapter 36

JACK

"I might not know. I will be here, just like what you did to me"

Her words repeated in my mind as I stare at Elsa's beautiful face. "Captain, it's Adrien. Do you need more warm water?", Adrien asked outside the tent. I stroked Elsa's hair, caressing her cheek. "Captain?", I heard Adrien called again.

"Yes Private Agreste", I answered.

"Got it. Tadashi fill the basin!", I heard Adrien shouted and left the tent.

My attention went back to Elsa. "What is it snowflake? What are you hiding from me?", I whispered. Warm tears wet my fingers that are caressing her soft rosy cheeks, I gasped. Why is she crying? A painful groan escaped her mouth. Elsa's attractive eyebrows scrunched as she start tilting her head side to side.

"Elsa?!", I held her shoulder and shake her gently to wake her up. Checking her temperature, it's stable. Elsa's forehead sweats, her lips start to get dark and tremble. "Private Arendelle!", I yelled. Suddenly, a swirl of dark frost swirled around me. It's full of force, anger and envy. Where did he learned this? It pinned me down the ground. Groaning, I grit my teeth. I kept fighting back. Twiner, I need twiner. When I'm about to whistle, a pair of cold hands covered my mouth. My eyes widen when I saw Pitch's yellow silver eyes staring back to me. He have the most devilish grin plastered on his hideous face.

"Well, well... It's been a while Captain Frost. Ah! You don't know how much I waited for this moment!", His cold hands went down my neck and clutched it tighter. I grasped his wrist, punching it multiple times. I'm slowly losing my breath, I feel my eyes popping out of its sockets. Pitch is slowly choking me, I couldn't move. I look at Elsa, her chest rose. Her breathings became shallow. Squinting my eyes close, I tried my best not to lose consciousness. I opened my eyes and activate thunder, the boogeyman let go of my neck after getting electrified. He vanished in thin air. As soon as he did, I catch my breath and crawl weakly to Elsa.

"Captain!? Captain Frost!", I heard the privates calling outside and Colonel Rick as well. Great, they saw it for sure. Now they're going to ask me so many questions. Lots of questions annoys me.

Coughing, I checked Elsa. She start breathing normally, her lips were not dark anymore. Private Fitzerbert unzipped the tent door and looked worriedly at me. "Are you alright Captain? We saw something glowed inside and exploded!", I rolled my eyes and push my face away from him.

"Your face is too close goat beard. I can smell your foul breath", Private Fitzerbert pushed his lips when he threw his head back, breathing to his palm. He tilted his head when he smelled his breath. "It's not that bad!", He complained.

"Shut up", I scoffed.

"Relax, it's the flashlight. Captain Frost must have sit on it. I think the flashlight's broken", Colonel Rick bent down and grab the flashlight next to my hand. He winked at me. "I got you", I look at him curiously when he pulled himself out of the tent after grabbing the flashlight. "See?", He showed the Privates. They seem convinced.

"I'll get this fix", Tadashi said. Colonel Rick signaled me to assist Elsa and act normal. What does he know about magic? Is he a member of immortals? I shook the thoughts forming inside of my head. Maybe he just did that to save me and Elsa...or he knows something about Elsa?

"Captain, here's the basin of warm water and towels", Adrien said. "Do you need assistance?", He asked. I shook my head. I don't want anyone touching Elsa but me. I'll clean her by myself. "Alright, me and Flynn are cooking the food. Tell us if you need assistance or if we need to bring food to you", the kind boy salute to me before leaving me and Elsa. I zipped the door close.