14

I finally woke up, and it was around 11. I stretched and walked to Devon's room. Surprisingly, he was up. I sat on his bed, while he was sitting on his couch.

"Hey." I said getting comfortable.

"What happened?" He asked getting straight to the point.

"I saw Jacob at the sneaker store, and he found out I was Kayla.."

"You don't even need to tell me the rest." He said.

"Yeah."

"Talk to him, Alana." He suggested.

"What?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows. "I know you heard us arguing in my room."

"No, I mean build a friendship with him. I'm sure he still have feelings for you, he can't just not care about you anymore...Unless he never liked you from the beginning.." I looked at him like he was crazy, which caused him a laugh.

"I'm playing.." He said smiling.

"So, do you have a girlfriend?" I asked smirking. His cheeks slightly turned red.

"So you do have a girlfriend? Who is she? I wanna meet her." I said smiling.

"Her name is Amaya. We've been together for 2 years now." He said, proudly.

"2 years?" He nodded and continued to text on his phone.

I walked back to my room and walked to the balcony. There was a beach by our house, so I looked at the amazing view. The only thing that make this right is if I had my Prince to come behind me and hold me.

I sighed until someone came behind me and out their arm over my shoulder. I looked to my left to see my Dad.

"Hey Daddy."

"Hey sweetheart. Why are you up so late?"

"It's nothing, I just randomly woke up."

"Or is it about that Jacob boy?" I quickly looked it at him, staring at his smirk.

"How you know about Jacob?" I asked.

"Devin tells me everything. I wanted to know from you though."

"I'm sorry Dad, its just hard to adjust in this family so quickly. Then we haven't spoke since mom and Andre died. It's nothing against you, well kind of, but its hard." I admitted.

"You think you got it worse? Its hard for me losing my son and ex-wife, but my oldest daughter doesn't want to tell me anything. That's the worst. As a father, I need to protect you, but if you aren't telling me anything.. what am I supposed to protect you from?" I sighed and looked down. He lifted my head and hugged me. My father is a real built, tall man so it was comfortable hugging him.

"From now on, don't hold stuff back from me. Please tell me anything, think of me as your diary or something." I chuckled and nodded as he kissed my forehead.

"Goodnight Princess."

"Night diary." I said smirking.