11

I paced back and forth into my room, until I heard the doorbell ring. I quickly rushed towards my window and I saw an afro. Not just any Afro, it was Jacob's.

I quickly panic, I need to disguise myself and fast.

I rushed to the closet to see if I can find anything. I quickly grabbed a button down shirt, it was my brother's so it was kind of big. I left it open, so it can look nice. I changed my sandals and put on some all white Air Force 1's. I put on some more make up to make my cheek bone stand out. I added red lipstick and I was done.

"Lana, you ready?" Devon asked as he walked into my room. His eyes widened when he saw me.

"Do I look fine?" I asked nervously.

"You look like a whole new person!" He exclaimed. I smiled widely.

"That's why I was aiming for." I stated following him to his room. I saw a lot of new faces. The boys in here we're fine!

"Hey guys this is my sister Ala-" I quickly cut him off.

"Monroe! You can call me Monroe" I said smiling. Devon looked confused but continued with his sentence.

"Well Monroe, this is my friends. You already met the boys, this is Imani..." He said pointing a pretty girl with bright skin, and nice long brown hair that reached the middle of her back.

"Drew..." He said pointing a handsome fella with a short curly hair and tattoos on his arm.

"Drea his sister..." He said pointing to a girl that looked just like the previous boy. She had hazel eyes and curly black hair that stop her shoulders.

"Lastly, this is Jacob." Jacob looked at me and smiled.

"H-Hey" I waved.

"Monroe, right?" I nodded.

"You look familiar Monroe." He said scrunching his eyebrows.

Why does he keep saying my fake name?

"Oh" I said sadly because he already forgot about me.

"Y'all ready because I wanna leave this house!" Devon stated.

We headed out to Devon's car, but coincidently there was no more space and Jacob and I were left.

"You wanna ride with me?" He asked smiling at me. He still made me weak to my knees.

"S-Sure" I said. I followed him to his car. He opened the door for me and I smiled thanking him.

"Can I tell you something?" He asked as he put on his seatbelt.

"Of course" I said.

"You remind me of my ex-girlfriend" I chocked on my spit. I kind of felt my heart sinking.

I'm his ex? We didn't even break up!

He patted my back lightly.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Yea, but how do I remind you of her?" I asked.

"She is shy like you, quiet and fashionable" He said chuckling lightly.

"What happened to her?" I asked looking at him.

"We just parted" He answered, unsure.

Parted?

What the hell does that mean?

"So where are you from?" He asked.

"Atlanta" I stated

"Me too!" He said.

"Why did you move down here?" I asked.

"I have a son so I decided to get an apartment for all of us" He said.

"Oh, so you found out you had a child so you broke up with your girlfriend and left her home heartbroken. I totally get it" I stated rolling my eyes looking out the window.

I couldn't even catch myself. I was really hurt.

"What? You know nothing Monroe." He said raising his voice, clearly offended.

"Trust me Jacob I know more then you do!" I said yelling back at him.

"What do you know?" He asked.

"That my....cousin was left heartbroken at home after her boyfriend just suddenly left her with no goodbye! She's so stressed right now! And once she finds out where you are and why you left, she will be more heartbroken!" I said looking at him. He looked at me like I was crazy but he remained silent.

"Take me to my home Jacob" I said calmly. He made a U-Turn and dropped me off at the house. Before I got out he said something.

"You and Alana are just alike" He said shaking his head.

"We can be the same person!" I said slamming the door.

I ran upstairs plopping on my bed. I texted Devon's phone and told him that I'm home. That was really close. What if found out it was me?