D-15

Your P.O.V.

I was preparing breakfast as an apology for Chaewon about last night, when she got out of the bedroom, fresh from taking a bath with her working clothes on.

"Good morning, Chae." I greeted and she smiled in return.

"Did you rest well?" I asked while setting plates at the table.

"It was fine." she simply replied and sat on a chair.

"Are you still going to work today? I think it's better if you took a day off." I suggested.

"I don't need a day off." she said before taking a bite.

It was quiet for a moment while I tried to find the words to apologize.

"I'm sorry for last night. It was dumb of me to get angry at you even though you were tired from work." I admitted.

"It's fine." she blankly mumbled.

I was expecting her to lecture me or maybe sweetly accept my apology, but nope. It wss like she remained dead on the inside after we argued last night.

Nonetheless, we continued eating. Until she went for work and left me alone again.

I was watching tv, the usual thing I do whenever Chaewon was at work. Then my phone suddenly rang again. Just like what Lia told me last time, I looked at the caller ID before answering.

When I saw who it was, I got curious as to why she was calling.

"Hello?"

"Lia told me about you and Chaewon."

I sighed and massaged my temples to calm my nerves. Seriously, if Lia wasn't my friend I would've choked her a long time ago.

"What did she say?"

"About how she's been acting as a girlfriend to you."

"Like?"

"Always leaving you alone for work, going home late even when you're sick."

I put my phone away and groaned in annoyance.

"She only told you the bad things, I guess."

"Of course, you'll defend her. She's your girlfriend for God's sake."

"I'm not defending her. I'm just saying that she doesn't treat me as bad as how Lia tells you."

"Y/n-ie, you're better than that. Tell me the truth."

I exhaled deeply to compose myself.

"These past few days, it feels like we're growing apart and she's been starting to come home late. But she tells me that it's because of work. And I believe her, Wonyoung."

"Of course you do. When you love someone, you get blinded by the truth."

"Ugh, please. You're starting to sound like Lia."

"We're just concerned, Y/n-ie."

"Yeah, sure."

"Look, why don't I make it up to you? How about I treat you to lunch today since we didn't get to catch up for dinner last time?"

I was hesitant about accepting her offer, because Chaewon might find out.

But she's busy at work, right? She probably won't know.

"Okay. Just text me the place and time."

"Y/n-ie!" I looked to my right and saw Wonyoung speed walking towards me.

As soon as she got close, she immediately pulled me for an embrace.

"Jeez, we just saw each other a few days ago." I laughed.

"Oh, shut up. Let's go, I'm hungry." she giggled and pulled me inside the restaurant.

"Remember how we used to eat here every Friday?" she brought up while we were eating.

"Yeah. We wouldn't care even if we were going to be late for our next class." I chuckled.

"No, that was only you. You would reason out everytime that you just wanted to spend time with me." she giggled and jokingly hit my arm.

"Oh really? You just don't like to admit that you wanted to spend time with me as well." I joked out.

I expected her to laugh and deny what I said, but she just stared down and blushed.

"Are you oka--"

"If I just admitted back then... Then Chaewon wouldn't be treating you like this now." she muttered.

I gazed at her confusingly. What is she trying to say?

"Anyways, it's still funny how much of a simp you were for Chaewon. Up until now I don't know how you managed to steal her heart." she teased.

I scoffed at her and dropped my spoon on the plate.

"Wonyoung, you--"

"What! Go ahead and curse me." she threatened and crossed her arms.

I just zipped my lips and rolled my eyes at her, while she kept a smirk on her face.

"Still a simp." she muttered to herself, but I heard it.

After eating lunch, we strolled down the streets, conversing with each other about what was going on in our lives lately.

"If I had known in the past that you were going to be a model, I should've asked for your autograph and have lots of pictures with you." I said while she continued to laugh.

"Oh, please. If I told you before that I would be a model in the future, you would've laughed your ass off saying that it's impossible." she replied.

"What? No! Of course I would do that to tease you. But you know how much I adored you." I stated.

"Simp." she snickered into my ear so I jerked away and lightly slap her arm.

"I moved on from that already. Because now, I'm an official girlfriend of a soon-to-be CEO of one of the most famous companies in here." I bragged while the girl beside me scoffed.

"Brag all you want. I'm sure she doesn't brag about you the way she should anyways." I gave her a glare while she stared at the road ahead, her tone turning into a serious one.

I just shook my head and we both continued to walk down the streets, looking at the shops that we passed by.

"I'm craving for ice cream." I said while rubbing my nape.

"I know a good ice cream parlor nearby. Cookies and cream?" she asked so I happily nod my head in response.

"You're just like a kid. Wait here." she giggled and ruffled my hair before walking away.

I looked around to find a bench or somewhere I can sit on. But while I was roaming my eyes, I saw something.It wasn't close to me, but it wasn't too far that I wouldn't see.

A familiar figure stood beside another. Their hands were intertwined and even though their backs were facing me, I can tell they were giggling.

I tried to look away and shrug it off to avoid jumping into conclusions. But the clothes were what hooked me in.

It was the same as what Chaewon wore before going to work.

I tried getting a few steps closer to verify my conclusions. But I didn't need to. Because she turned sideways and I immediately saw the face I dearly loved the most.

I was trying to discard the disappointment I was feeling deep inside, but I can't help it.The moment I tried to blink, was the moment it all crashed.

Everything was happening so fast and the loud talking of the people passing by were deafening me.I felt the world started to slow down as I witnessed what I feared of.

My girlfriend was kissing another woman.