D-19

Your P.O.V.

"Y/n! It's nice to see you again!" Lia exclaimed as she pulled me into a hug.

Since Chaewon was out the whole day, Lia asked me to hang out for lunch.

"It's good to see you too." I told her. I was about to let go but she held me tighter.

"Stoopp~ it's like you haven't seen me in ages!" I told her and forced my arms out.

"That's true though! Ever since you and Chaewon lived together you barely had time for me!" she complained and let go of me.

"Oh, come on. I make time for you sometimes." I said and we went in the restaurant.

"Sometimes! It's like she treats you as her prisoner or something." she exaggerated as we took a seat.

"Oh stop over-reacting. She's busy with work and I want to be there whenever she gets home, you know." I replied.

"Yeah, whatever." she scoffed and we just ordered for food.

We were both catching up on a lot of things, since it was true that we haven't seen each other in person for a while.

But while we were eating, something catched my attention from outside. I narrowed my eyes to see clearly, and when I did, I saw Chaewon walking in on the restaurant just across from us.

"What are you staring at?" Lia asked and looked at the direction where I was looking.

She gasped while I carefully eyed the person she was with.

"Is she?!" Lia nudged me but I just shrugged her off.

"No. Maybe it's just her co-worker or something." I replied and went back to eating.

"Y/n. I'm telling you. If that girlfriend of yours does something that I don't like I swear--"

"Lia, I'll stop you right there. She will not do something like that to me. I know her." I sternly told her.

"Okay. I'll stop IF you text her and ask what she's doing right now. If she tells you the truth, I'll rest my case. But if she doesn't..." she trails off.

I just sighed and grabbed the phone from my pocket.

Hey baby. You having lunch already?

I dropped the phone on the table, making sure Lia sees the text I sent. While she was looking at the phone, I looked back at Chaewon to see her typing on her phone.

"She replied!" Lia said then we both read her text.

Chae❤️
I'm still working. Don't worry, I'll eat later. Eat well😘

My forehead creased as Lia gave me an I-told-you look.

I stared back at the window and saw her giggling with the girl she was with.

She's not lying to me on purpose, right?

As soon as I went home, I prepared her favorite meal for dinner.

I played music with my speaker since it helps me in doing chores and in cooking. Especially if it's the songs that Chaewon recorded.

I hummed to the tune as I neatly placed two plates and the meal on the table. Everything was already set, I was just waiting for her to come home.

8:00 PM

I checked the time on the wall clock, tapping my fingers on the table as I patiently waited for Chaewon.

The food was getting cold so I placed a cover on top of it. Then I grabbed my phone and decided to text her instead.

Babyy, where are you?

9:00 PM

One hour passed and I still received no reply from her. I started to become nervous as to what may have happened to her, so I decided to call her.

But she didn't answer.

10:00 PM

I decided to just eat by myself since I didn't want the food to go to waste. After washing the dishes, I went to the living room to watch tv while waiting for her.

"I'm home~" I woke up and saw Chaewon remove her coat and slip into her slippers.

"What took you so long?" I spoke with my raspy voice as I raised my arms up, expecting to get a hug from her.

But instead she landed a small peck on my forehead and proceeded to go to her office.

I looked at the time once again to see that it was already 12 o'clock.

"Have you eaten?" I asked and rubbed my eyes, turning the tv off in the process.

"Yeah. You?" she replied, her voice a bit muffled since she was inside her office.

"I cooked your favorite meal and waited for you to come home." I reasoned out, my voice sounding like a child who got no candy.

She peeked her head out from the door with a shocked expression.

"I'm sorry, baby." she sighed and went to hug me.

"You told me you would go home for dinner?" I muttered against her shoulder.

"I know... I forgot, I'm sorry." she let go of the hug so easily so I whimpered at the loss of warmth.

"How about I treat you to your favorite restaurant tomorrow?" she asked and I immediately nodded my head, beaming up at her suggestion.

Speaking of, I remembered again how I saw her a while ago during lunch.

"Lia said hi, by the way." I said and stood up to follow her to the bedroom.

"She came here?" she questioned without facing me.

"No. We met up for lunch." I answered.

She just nodded and hummed as a response and sat on her side of the bed.

"Anyways, what did you have for lunch today?" I casually asked, even though I was nervous of what she was going to answer.

She was scrolling through her phone, I don't even know if she heard me or what.

"Chae..." I called her and she quickly snapped her head towards me, like she didn't know I was talking to her.

I just looked elsewhere and shook my head.

"Nothing." I lied.

"Is everything fine, baby?" she held my hand and as usual, her touch always comforted me.

Then just like magic, everything was fine again.

"Of course." I smiled at her and she did the same.

"Let's go to sleep." she kissed my forehead and laid down, turning off the lamp at the bedside table and going to sleep.