Chapter 25

Song: You're Gonna Miss Me (Connie Francis)

RORY'S POV

"Ray will you please make sure she's taken care of. I'm really sorry I just have to go out and get some stuff for her from the pharmacy." I explained to Ray as he sat beside Jasmine in the gym.

After the incident at the Diner, I just ended up bringing Jasmine to the first place I could think of. The girls shooed me off to the pharmacy as they lead Jasmine to the Showers with a baggy change of clothes.

I on the other was still calming down myself. I couldn't even bare to think about the pain Jasmine must've endured as my knuckles turned white from my grasp on the steering wheel.

I quickly pulled into the pharmacy and ran in to grab the things I needed. That's when I saw her. A girl Stood in the front area surrounded by people and bruised beyond belief.

"Please... Help me." She choked out and looked up. That's when I noticed her eyes.

They were Red.

***

(A few hours earlier)

BELLA'S POV

The girl hadn't done anything wrong but they still planned on killing her.

Felix who had her held at arm's length awaited permission from Jane who simply nodded.

"Edward?"I looked up to my boyfriend holding me close but he only turned me around.

"There's nothing we can do, Bella." he looked down at me apologetically before turning around himself

We waited for noise, perhaps a snap that would cease her screaming but instead, the only thing we heard was her movements as she maneuvered out of his hold and pushed past Alice to run into the forest.

Felix and Caius followed in tow with a string of profanities as we all turned back to find a seething Jane.

"Let's hope we don't meet again." And with that last statement, she disappeared.

"I hope she survives out there." Esme worried with her head rested on her husband's chest. I however was only hoping that Jacob was ok after getting injured.

***

(back to present)

RORY'S POV

"Please... Help me." she choked out and without hesitation, I ran to her.

"Hey, Hey, hey. Give the girl some room to breathe." I backed up the small crowd before approaching. I checked her face and vitals just to make sure she was a Vampire as I had suspected and then looked around.

'She must've escaped during the fight' I thought to myself. That when I noticed two cloaked men outside. I had to make sure they assumed I didn't know what she was so quickly I pulled her head onto my should like I was hiding her from them.

"Please try not to smell the blood or bite me," I whispered softly before turning back to the men.

"Get out of here you creeps!" I yelled at them, loud enough for everyone's attention to turn to them. I knew there were laws about Vampires exposing themselves to humans. And, there were too many witnesses for them not to be noticed. So, without any other options, they walked away.

"I know this girl, I'll take her to the hospital." I turned to the cashier before I turned back to the girl and thought of the first name I could.

"Are you ok Stephanie?" I asked hoping she caught on. I knew someone would be skeptical of me just taking her so I had to make it seem like I knew her.

"Yeah, I- Those men they were chasing me. I was just trying to get h-Home. Mom sent me out to get her some firewood I- I don't know why but they just started running at me." She luckily played along

"Hey it's ok, I'll call your mom let's get you to the hospital ok?"

With a quick nod, I lifted her off the ground and lead her to the car. My errand was long forgotten as I started driving back to the gym eying the girl every now and then.

"Your name isn't actually Stephanie right?"

"N- No." She stuttered out as she tried keeping her sweater on her nose.

"Listen, I'm really sorry but for now you might be around a lot of humans so I need you to try and restrain yourself. Can you do that for me?" I looked over at her as she returned my gaze with shock.

"I- yes, thank you. Thank you so much." She cried to me. I only smiled back.

"It's no problem."

***

We ended up back at the gym and I explained the situation to Emily and Kim to which, thankfully they agreed with my decision. That was when Jasmine walked in.

"Rory, I haven't gotten to say thank you yet." She looked at me with a light smile.

"It's what any person would've done. And if it's ok with you, I'd like you to stay here for the time being. I don't want that guy coming back around for you and I know it's your business but I honestly think you'll be safer here." I explained.

"I wholeheartedly agree. I even have an area upstairs that I could turn into an apartment complex of sorts for you." Ray joined in, agreeing with my offer.

"I- No that's way too much effort. I'll just find a hotel for a bit." Before she could continue, me and Ray had both answered with a "Hell no"

She sighed softly before looking up and seeing the young girl who I had come to know as Bree (#Justiceforbree)

"Oh, I'm sorry um. I don't recall seeing you here." Jasmine confessed as she approached Bree. But Bree looked at me and shook her head quickly to which I responded by holding back Jasmine. I checked her quickly until I came across

"What's this?" I looked up at her warily.

"Oh, um. It's a cut from earlier today. It must've opened up in the shower."

"Please don't come any closer." Bree restrained herself.

"Why?"

"I... I can't tell you." Jasmine turned to me pleadingly after being denied an answer from Bree.

"Rory, what going on."

I looked between the two then back to the girls who sighed but nodded. After all, we had planned to let Bree stay here as well and Ray was close enough with the pack to know the secrets already but Jasmine didn't and she needed to know.

"Jasmine... don't freak out ok?"

"Ok?"

"... Bree is a... Vampire."

I looked towards her nervously as she comprehended the words. her thoughts turned and her eyes wandered the room until finally...

She passed out.

***

We had put Bree in a separate room for her own comfort and put Jasmine to sleep in a room far away from her so she could sleep.

As Kim and I set things up Emily got a phone call which she had answered outside and honestly as far as the events of the night had played out, I think this was the best outcome we could've expected.

Of course, as the saying goes, every good thing must come to an end.

Once we had finally relaxed, Emily rushed back in, picking up Claire.

"Hey, Gorgeous what's the rush? we just sat down." I looked up at her frantic features as she faced me head-on.

"Jacob got hurt."

***

Forgot to say this for the ENTIRE story so far but really... who actually reads the author's notes anyway?

Moving on...

If you like this story so far, share it with friends, like, comment, rate, and do all that other stuff. It helps more than you think I promise.