Chapter 23 - Diversion

Brenda's pov

We sped down the road and kept going then stopped on a grass hill. It has been six months since WCKD attacked us and we have a devised a new plan to take down WCKD and Ava Paige once and for all. Since then my hair has grown a bit more and I loved it. We left the original base packed with weapons and supplies. Currently I was sat in the truck with Jorge. We had our guns ready and we were waiting.

"They're late" Jorge said to me

I checked my watch that was on the inside of m wrist and sighed. Then we heard the train toot and I smirked and got my gun ready and cocked it. I looked at Jorge who nodded. He smirked and shut the metal covering over the window and started revving the car and sped off towards the track. We kept in pace with the train and then sped up a little and saw the WCKD train drivers and we smirked and kept in eye view so they could see us. WCKD you won't know what hit you. 

Thomas's pov

I was in the car with Vincent and he was speeding up to catch up with the train. These last few weeks we have been preparing all of us. This will be our biggest mission yet and we will succeed. I am not failing. We are not losing any more people. Ava you won't know what hit you. We have become more revenge thirst. WCKD will never hurt anyone ever again. The wind blew harshly and I had to shout. We've been following and tracking WCKD these last few weeks. We're going to find their last base and blow it.

I pulled out the walkie talky and spoke into it to Brenda and Jorge.

"Brenda I'm coming up behind keep them busy" I shouted into the walkie talky

"Hang on" Vincent said and drove closer to the train.

He started driving on the track and started catching up with the train.

"This is crazy Thomas" Vincent said

"Thomas" Alex said

"Yes Baby?" I said

"Be careful and I love you" She said

"I love you too and I will" I said

I jumped out the car and hung onto the roof then I climbed onto the bumper and held onto the rope attached. I grabbed the hook and held on tightly.

"Get me closer" I said to Vincent

He drove faster and near enough. I grabbed the hook and hooked it onto the train then I started climbing on. Next was Alex.

"Come on Alex" I said

She climbed out and grabbed on and jumped and I grabbed her and kissed her forehead quickly. Then it was Vince's turn. The car was falling behind. He got out and the tire broke. He held on but almost fell.

"Come on Vince" I said

The hook almost came undone.

"Jump" I said

He jumped and caught on as the hook came off the car and flipped. His feet were dragging on the floor. I helped him up. He looked back at the car. He held on tightly.

"Shit" He said

"Come on" I said to Alex and Vince.

They followed me.

"Let's go" I said

"Hey look bird" Vince said

Alex and I looed at and saw a WCKD jet. Shit we didn't plan for that. Oh well we will improvise. I saw the guns pop out the jet.

"Hey Brenda you got company" I shouted into the walkie talky

"Go, go, go" She responded back

"Thomas you're on your own, don't die" She spoke into the walkie talky