Chapter 5 - Memories

Thomas's pov

After my dream I woke up and I could still feel my mate next to me sleeping. I opened my eyes and then I felt a hand on my mouth and I was going to scream when I saw it was Alby. I tried talking but he put his finger to his lip.

"Shh come on" He said and made hand gestures in a come with me motion.

I stared at him and calmed down eventually. I quietly" and successfully got out my hammock making sure my mate was still sleeping which she was. I got my shoes on and got ready and followed Alby onto the grass.

"Its peaceful isn't it?" Alby said

It was still very early in the morning and people were still sleeping but a few people were awake and moving. You could hear the birds chirping in the trees and the sky was a soft blue and grey color. The sun was hiding behind the pillows of cloud and Alby and I was just talking and walking.

 "I know its hard to believe but it wasn't always this way" Alby said

Alby was carrying a knife and I knew he wouldn't hurt me but I'm not sure what he would do with it.

"We had a lot of dark days. We lost a lot of boys to fear. To panic. So we established order, made peace." Alby said

"Why are you telling me this?" I said confused

"Because you're not like the others. You're curious but you're one of us now, you need to know what that means" Alby said

He opened the palm of my hand and handed me a knife and pointed towards the wall and I looked to where he was looking. I looked shocked at all the names and read some of them but then stood confused at the crossed out names like George for example.

"What happened to them?" I said

"Like I said our days were tough" Alby said

I finally felt accepted. I grabbed the knife in my hand and started carving my name Thomas into the wall. Alby and I spoke then we soon caught up with Newt, Frypan and Gally and some of the other boys and sat down for breakfast. 

"Is she still sleeping?" Gally said

I nodded.

"Should we go wake her?" Newt said

"No let her sleep, she was pretty wasted last night and we don't start our jobs in another fifteen minutes so we will go then and wake her if she isn't up" Frypan said and we nodded.

"So I see you have finally carved your name into the wall?" Newt said

"How does it feel?" Gally said smirking

"Good" I said

We ate our breakfast and then we heard our mate running up to us and calling us. We turned quickly to see if she was ok. She was smiling and laughing.

"Why is she running?" Alby said

"Why is she so happy?" Gally said

"I don't know but we're about to find out" Charlie said sitting with us and smiling.

Alexandra's pov

I sat up breathing heavily. I remember everything. Finally. I remember my name, my age, Thomas, Teresa my best friend, the labs everything. I will tell Minho later as I know he is doing his maze run at the moment and won't be back till later. I need to tell Newt, Thomas, Frypan and Gally and about my other soulmate that both I and them haven't met yet. I looked up to see if Thomas was by me and he wasn't. He's probably gone to breakfast. I got up ad saw Chuck.