Chapter 19 - Just like Thunder

Alexandra's pov

We all sat around the fire. Aris threw more wood in the fire. I was sat next cuddled to Newt and then Aris cuddled next to me. I was cuddled between them.

"I thought we were supposed to be immune" Minho said

I was just playing with the necklace Winston gave me. I miss him a lot. We all do. We all miss him. I squeezed Newt's hand as I knew he missed him too. I will comfort Fry, Minho and Thomas later when I am near them.

"Not all of us I guess" Teresa said laying down

"If Winston can get infected, we should assume so can the rest of us" Newt said 

"I never thought I'd say it, I miss the Glade" Fry said with tears down his eyes

Thomas and Minho also had tears down their eyes. I got up from Newt and Aris and pecked their cheeks. I went over to Thomas and hugged him and wiped his tears from his face.

"Thanks Alex" He whispered

"You never have to thank me" I said and kissed his forehead

Then I walked over to Minho and wiped his tears and hugged him. He hugged me back and I kissed his forehead. We stayed hugging for a while. Then I walked over to Fry. I cupped his face gently and wiped his tears and kissed his forehead and cuddled next to him and he cuddled with me next to the fire.

"I miss the Glade too" I said whispering to him

He looked to me and kissed my forehead before cuddling me closer. We all sat their in silence and sat by the fire. It soon began to get darker and we were all getting tired.

Some of us started settling off to bed.

"Night Rob, Billy and Charlie, sleep well" I said

"Night Alex you too" Rob and Billy responded

"Night Alex see you in the morning" Charlie responded.

Teresa went to bed soon after as well. Then it was just my mates and I left.

"Goodnight Aris, Newt, Thomas and Minho" I said and hugged and kissed them all good night

"Night princess" Thomas said 

"Night baby" Newt said

"Night baby" Aris said

"Night Babygirl" Minho said

I cuddled with Fry.

"Goodnight Fry" I said

"Good night baby" He whispered and we fell asleep cuddling.

Morning

We all got up and started our journey. I said morning to my mates and friends already. We set off early determined to get there. We saw the mountains close by and were almost there. I saw Miho lift his bottle up and there was nothing left. He angrily threw it away. I took mine from my bag.

"Hey, hey" I said and gave him mine

"Alex you need some" He said

"Take it, I have another one" I said

He hesitated and drunk it and looked better after.

"Thank you" He said

I smiled and walked next to him holding hands. I looked back often to make sure everyone else was okay even Teresa because I am not that heartless. We kept walking and occasionally took breaks. It soon became night again and we had to find somewhere to stay. We all settled down on some dusty hard land. I snuggled with Thomas this time and we fell asleep in each others arms.