Part 1

It was finally time to have the meeting for the next Hokage. The council and Lady Tsunade thought long and hard about their decision.

"All for Naruto Uzmaki say I." Lady Tsunade boomed. Multiple I's were heard through the council.

"Any objections?" Nothing was herd.
"Alright bring Naruto at once." She ordered looking at Shikamaru. "Ma'am." He left in a flash.

I was training to calm my nerves they were choosing the 6th Hokage. I  trained for that position under Lady Tsunade and have proved worthy multiple times. As I was thinking I felt Shikamaru's chakra coming close just as I had stopped he was right next to me.

"Naruto they request you're presence."
I noded. We left and were immediately in front of the doors. "Come in." Lady Tsunade said.

We walked in closing the doors behind us. "Naruto Uzumaki as you know you are one candidate for the next Hokage, we have decided as a whole to name you the 6th Hokage."
I bowed "Thank you Lady Hokage."

"But with an exception." One of the elders interrupted. "You have to find a wife or husband in three months when you are named if, you fail to do so Kakashi Hatke will take your place."

"I'm sorry but three months to find the person I want to spend the rest of my life with?" I was a bit upset I don't really have feelings for anyone right now.

Lady Tsunade looked at me. "I'm sorry Naruto."

"Ok, I'll see what I can do." I said confidently.

"Ok once you have a partner you will have your spot as Hokage succuered."
The Elder spoke.
"Now that it has been decided I see this meeting over." Lady Tsunade dismissed us.

I walked out with Shikamaru. "You probably want to start thinking." He joked. "Mabye." I smiled. "Wanna get barbecue with Sakura and I." I asked.
"Why not."

Once we had made it Sakura was just walking up. "I brought Shikamaru if you don't mind."
"No that's fine." We walked inside and ordered our drinks.

"So what happened?" Sakura asked.
"Well I was chosen but I have to find someone to spend the rest of my life with." "Really that almost great Naruto." She smiled. "Do have any clue who you might want to marry?" Shikamaru asked. "You know Hinata likes you." Sakura added. "I have known for awhile I just don't feel anything for her back."

"Well who could you trust to have your back, who would you do anything for, protect and love. There are a lot of things to put in consideration Naruto." Shikamaru said. "Besides you have three months not a week so take your time. " Shikamaru patted my back.

We ate and split the bill and went our spreate ways.

Hey I had this idea come into mind so I decided to make it into a fanfic. I hope you like it sorry if it's bad or cringey.