one

the third and final new book i will be introducing! welcome welcome this one has me excited to write. i loved the lauren reynolds storyline and want to dig a little deeper with my own twist on it. let's go!✨

happy readings and stay safe besties! -salem🤍

TW: mentions of death, gun violence, minimal swearing, mentions of violence
word count: 3214

Emily threw down the file in her hands on the table.

"No. Absolutely not."

"Come on, Em," Clyde said and rolled his eyes. Emily stopped in her tracks and crossed her arms.

"You're asking me to go undercover with an international terrorist! We're talking about someone who has a literal dead body count. One that isn't even confirmed. It's in the thirties, and that's the ones we know of! I'm sorry if I'm not all in as usual with our assignments," Emily said and tilted her head. "Why me? Why can't we send Tsia? I went undercover last time."

"Tsia is straight and doesn't want to be killed. It's going to be painfully obvious that I'm not into her," Tsia said and put her hands up. The woman grabbed her coffee mug and stood up, pouring herself some coffee. "You're the gay one here."

"And you are very much her type. Brunette, strong, aggressive," Sean said and sat back in his seat. "And we need to have probable cause to arrest her. Yes, there is a body count, but we need a confession. Or at least a lead."

"Sorry, Em," Jeremy said, shrugged his shoulders. "If anything, it will only be a couple of months."

"Yeah, thanks. That makes the whole thing so much more bearable. God, this sucks," Emily said and placed herself down on a chair. Tsia slid over the mug of coffee and pursed her lips.

"Mmm, not really if you think about it. I mean, you'll probably be getting la—"

"Okay! Let's end that conversation before I start looking at Emily in a different light," Clyde said and crossed his arms. He placed his fist against his chin and tilted his head as he looked at Emily. "You need a haircut."

"And you need one too if we're being dicks to each other," Emily said and squinted her eyes at him. The man frowned and stood up.

"Something that you wouldn't wear in real life," Sean said and tilted his head.

"Bangs," Tsia said before taking a sip of her coffee. "And some highlights. I'd say a pair of ass lifting shorts, but those won't be sexy to take off."

"I'm not sleeping with her. That's the one thing I refuse to do," Emily said and clenched her jaw. "I'll take a bullet into my head before I do. My morals aren't going to be scrambled because of an assignment."

"If I were gay, I would," Tsia said and grabbed the remote for the television. She pulled up Y/n's picture and pointed towards the woman. "God, she's immaculate to look at. Plus, she has a tattoo that's poking out of her back. I'm sure it's sexy. Now you're making me wish I was gay."

"You're not helping," Emily said and squinted her eyes. "She's a killer. You're asking me to sleep with a psychopathic murderer."

"Okay. You don't have to. But we're just saying that it would sell the fantasy a bit more," Jeremy said and put his hands up.

"Fantasy?" Emily repeated and scoffed.

"Oh, let's just go. You have to pack and get ready for your flight to Boston," Clyde said and placed his hand on Emily's upper back as the two walked out of the room. "Lilly! Fix her, please! Do something magical, and that fits her."