Ch 16: Waiting For The Proper Moment

~Toby's POV~

"Wha?" I turned to the door to see Aaron leaning against the doorway. Her gun was very noticeable, considering her holster was on her belt and her plaid shirt was flayed out.

"Oh hey Aaron. Good of you to scare the crap out of me."

Lynne had her hand to her chest, and she was breathing heavily. I turned my head back to Aaron and saw her silently giggling.

"What's so funny?"

I turned my head to Lynne to see if she was agreeing with me. She was giggling too. Her green eyes were shining with the laughter. Mari and Gabe both looked at me and shrugged their shoulders.

Lynne let go of Mari's hand and walked to Aaron. Now I can see how they are related. Despite Lynne is taller and has curves, Aaron is tall as well. She's a blonde version of Lynne. But Lynne is a goddess. Aaron's teeth are white and straight, yet Lynne's look so much straighter.

"Lynnie Bear." I stood up and put my arm around her shoulders. I kissed the top of her forehead and squeezed her on the shoulder.

"Tobuscus." Lynne turned to me and put her head on my chest. I looked at Aaron and she was laughing. She could laugh all she wants. At least I got the girl. Well, Lynne got the boy.. Oh whatever.

~Lynne's POV~

Toby was so warm at night; I never figured out why though. I peeked through Toby's arms to see Aaron looking at us and laughing.

"Stop it Aaron." I backed off of Toby and stood to Aaron, bending my head bit to look at her.

"Oo.. We got a challenge?" Aaron put her hands on her hips, and just then she looked threatening. Toby looked between me and Aaron.

"Guys. No fighting right now. Someone is out to hurt Lynne and that's all that counts right now."

Toby's arms encircled my waist, and

His head was on my shoulder. Aaron looked at us both and sighed.

"Okay okay. Look. First if all Toby, this pyscho is after you. Not Lynne. Okay. Maybe they want her love and heart, but you connected with her, body and soul. She's your's, and no one elses."

I stared at Aaron. This has been the first time she's been passionate about something. Minus her job. I looked at my right shoulder, where Toby's head is. He had tears in his eyes.

"This isn't the first time I've received threats. And Lynne is mine. She always was. Ever since I laid eyes on her. I love her. And no one and nothing can change or stop that love."

Toby then kissed my cheek hard. I giggled a bit on the fact that his hair tickled my face. I stayed silent however. I was never good with words. Toby knew that too. Aaron on the other hand, didn't.

"You got any inspirational speeches?"

I shot her a dirty look and Toby stood to his full height, his eyes piercing.

"You know she's never been good with words Aaron."

"Not what I heard from your hotel neighbor. She has quite a extensive vocabulary."

I felt my face get hot and bright red and Toby's did the same. My eyes widened however and his narrowed.

"How did you know..."

"It's called being a top L.A detective. I needed to see what has happened since the hotel."

I turned, to embarrassed to face my cousin. Crap. Why did she have to go to the hotel again? Mari and Gabe were looking lovingly into each others eyes. Is this what me and Toby looked like?