Ch 14: Missy Missing

You're fooping kidding me right? God dangit.. Why is it always me? Toby and I locked eyes. He was thinking the same thing I was.

"Miss.. I mean, Doctor Jones. Where does Missy live exactly?" Toby's eyebrow raised, and I thought I saw Doctor Jones swoon a bit.

"Now Mr. Turner, that is a workers confidential law. We cannot break that."

"But it's to help find Missy Dr. Jones." I looked at her with my soul pouring out of my eyes. She looked at me and I felt tears coming on. She started crying too.

"She lives on 19847 Rosecrans Ave."

"She lives right next to my old place, right down the street actually."

Toby looked at me and my tears. He knew I was being strong for other people, but never myself.

"Lynne, you don't need to do this. Stop being brave. What do YOU want?" His eyes were filling with tears too. Oh God.. I thought to myself. Don't make him cry.

"Toby, I want to help Missy. She was the one who brought me to the Grove. She's taking care of MY little sister. I need to help. I could call my cousin Aaron. She's a detective."

I pulled out my phone and pressed in Aaron's number.

"You've reached Officer Prescott. What may I help you with?"

"It's Lynne, my old nurse and my sister have gone missing."

"LYNNE?! I thought you died!" Her words made me feel no better about my living.

"Look, I need your help. Meet me at St. Mary's hospital at 8."

"I'll be there Lynne. Why call so early though."

"We were on an adventure."

I hung up on my cousin and looked at Toby. His eyes were full of hope. I knew he was doing this for me.

"Aaron will be here in an hour." I smiled. I haven't seen my cousin since her and my Aunt Michelle moved to Virginia five years ago. She has short curly dirty blonde hair and blue green eyes. She's about a centimeter taller than me I think. I sure missed my Girly cousin.

Toby and I sat there for two hours when Aaron walked in. Out where the frilly dresses and bows in her hair. In was the jeans and boots, a jacket on.

"Hey cousin, and who is this strapping fella?" Toby looked nervous to shake her hand.

"Silly me! I'm Aaron Prescott, Lynne's older cousin." She grabbed his hand and forced the shake.

"So who's missing?"

"Ginny, my little sister, and my nurse, Missy, who took care of me when I was in the hospital."

"Ginny? Who would hurt little gin!" Let's go! What's this Missy's address?"

"19847 Rosecrans Ave. About a couple houses down from my old place."

Aaron looked at me sadly. "Well, we don't have all day. It might be 8 in the morning but time flys." She strutted out of the room and Toby grabbed my hand. Out of this depressing hospital and into the warming sunrise.

3 hours later:

Aaron, Toby, and I were Aaron's black jeep she drove for her job. We were on Smith Ave, about 5 minutes away from Rosecrans.

"So, how did you met Toby lynne?"

"Let's just say he kinda fell on me." Toby gave me a kidding dirty look. It was so funny I started giggling and put my hand over my mouth, flashing my promise ring at him.