Ch 4: Call Me?

I was laying on my bed when my cell phone rang. Mari. I hadn't talked to that girl in a long time, and they hadn't posted the results on the dead and the living of the crash.

"Hey Mari."

"OH MY GOD LYNNE! I WAS HOPING YOU SURVIVED!"

"Don't we all."

"How is your family? I heard there were deaths, but not how many."

"There is only Ginny, the driver of the van, and me left alive. Driver's in critical condition, my sister wont be able to walk without crutches, and I'm waiting for my arms and right leg to heal, which will take about two weeks."

There was a pause on the other line. It was eerie, the silence.

"Well, I'm glad you made it out Lynne."

"I'm not."

"Well, I was planning if in like, 2 days, when you don't have on a cast or maybe a sling, if you could go out for a couple hours?"

"Seems Legit. I'll ask Missy when she comes in with my breakfast. I need to get more sleep okay? I'll call you with an answer."

We said our goodbyes and hung up the phone. Mari Dickens was an English girl who moved here when she was three years old. She didn't have the accent, but her parents still do. She was prettier than I, with fluffy really dark brown hair, and these dark brown eyes. She was TALL. She was about, 6 feet? But she was my best friend.

I might as well describe what I look like to you reading this. I may not be the funniest person, but I can be very sarcastic. I have medium length dark red hair, which is wavy and super thick. I have these big electric green eyes rimmed with thick black eyelashes. I'm about 5'9 or 5'10, and I'm surprisingly still growing. I'm about 135 lbs. Which is really skinny for a girl of my heighth.

"Miss Lynne?" Missy came in around six with a bowl of chicken tortilla soup, and a glass of milk. '' Uh.. Missy? I'm allergic to Dairy." She smiled and handed me a glass of orange juice instead. "What else are you allergic too?" Oh No. The one that people don't understand. "Cats."

Missy laughed. It was around noon when she left with a list of clothes that I liked. I was alone once again. I started to think of all the things I could do. When in walked Mari. "Hey Baby!" She jumped on top of me and squeezed me. My heart started racing then slowing down. "M-Ma-Mari! I c-can't b-breathe." She released me and giggled. "So what do you say? The Grove." I nodded and we pumped fists. Well, she pumped mine.

I got my cast taken off last night, so I could walk. I grabbed a pair of sweatpants, these nice light green aeropostle ones, then I grabbed a black tank top, and my right arm was in a sling. So my left arm was casted straight down while my other was bent. "Maybe you shouldn't go.'' "I have to."

The doctor, Miss Martha Jones, came in to remove the sling and cast. "Well Miss Prescott, you right arm is fully healed, so is your leg. You can run, jump, skip, whatever, just don't do it to much. Are you left handed or right?" I looked at her. "I'm left handed." She took my arm and wrapped it up. "Well, give your left arm around, 2 more days. Your leg looks great by the way."

I looked at it. It was my normal pale skin with freckles here and there, no bruising, nothing. "Well, your right arm is free of use. Your left is in a sling for the next 2 days. Understood?" I nodded. "You can go Miss Prescott and Mrs. Xavierson." I stumbled about for about good minute before I could walk. ''Mrs. Xavierson?" Mari just smiled and looked at her ring finger.

"That Bastard finally proposed!" We were in Mari's car on the way to the Grove. Of course I was nervous as hell, and Mari turned on the radio. Panic! At The Disco was playing. "YEAH!" She tooked her hair out of her ponytail and started head banging. "MARI!" She stopped and turned up the radio. "It's 'London Beckoned Songs About Money By Machines.' You have to head bang." "NO YOU DONT!"

We arrived at the Grove around one thirty. "Let's see if there are any hotties, eh?" She jumped out of the car and hopped around to open the door for me. I clutzily climbed out of the car, banging my head against the inside roof of the car. "Woah Lynne." She grabbed my arm and steadied me. "Your hair."

It was naturally messy, my hair. My bangs curled no matter what time it was or what you did. My hair was sticking out ever which way. and my hair was in a ponytail. "I give up." I brushed some of it down and kept walking.

TOBY'S POV:

"Hello Once Again Audience! This is my Vlog, here in the Grove." I showed my iPhone around the Grove and pointed it at me again. "Here we have..." I heard my name being called. "Be Right Back." I shut it off and I put it in the front of my jeans pocket. I looked around and that's when I saw her.

LYNNE'S POV:

I saw him. The Toby Turner. Mari walked away slowly. Damn Her. A random breeze blowed and his eyes locked into mine. His body instantly looked.. how would he say it? Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot. I looked at him and he looked at me. Obviously my tank top was giving my boobs to much credit. I turned and ran, my right leg a little limpy, but not by much.

TOBY'S POV:

"Wait!" I called running after this Hothothothothot stranger. Her hair whipped behind her as she ran. Wonder about the front view? I kept running, then I finally remembered my heelys. I lifted them out and heelyed after her. "Lynne Prescott!" The girl turned and she saw me and ignored her name. Lynne Prescott.. I heard that name before, but where.

LYNNE'S POV:

I stopped in mid-stride to see Missy running after me. "Bloop." I cursed to myself and kept running, Toby obviously following right behind. I stopped and turned. "No Need to be afraid." I whispered to myself. And crashing into me, is Toby Joe Turner.

I looked up into his hazel eyes, more of a green, but you could see the brown. "Lynne Wait." He whispered. "You needn't to track me down." He laughed, and my face I know, instantly turned bright bright crimson, and I laughed too. "So. Where were you headed?" His hand stroked my face. "No Where."

He helped me up and he slipped a piece of paper into my hand.

"I want to be friends. Call me sometime."