Ch 17: Hitting Pavement

~Lynne's POV~

It was a very exhausting night, well.. Morning I guess. After Aaron called in, Toby and I went to sleep, and I loved the feeling of his hand wrapped around mine as I drifted into slumber land.

~Reality?~

"Excuse me, mam?"

I awoke to a girl no older than me looking at me, a blue nurses uniform on.

"Yeah?" I rubbed my eyes a little, and I rolled over, the other side of the bed cold.

"Are you Lynne Prescott?"

"Yeah.. Why?"

"I'm a huge fan."

I pulled out a sharpie and I sat up to sign this girls shirt. When I sat up however, I saw I was in the hospital.

Connected to tubes and needles.

"Wha.. What happened?" The girl turned around, her face contorting into Connor's evil mask.

"I shot you Lynne, and Toby too." His face then turned into Missy's face.

"Why did you let us down?" Then it transformed to Toby's face. The only face I was truly happy to see.

"Lynne, get out of here, run." It then turned into the girl again, and she was holding a dead child in her arms. The child looked like Toby, but had my green eyes.

"You let them down Lynne." I heard a gun shot, and Toby was on the ground lying in a pool of blood, three children surrounding him.

"Mommy, why?" They all looked at me, all of them with Toby's eyes copied into their little faces.

~Definitely Not Dreaming~

"Ah!" I woke up in the hospital room, the sun starting to shine through the little plastic shutters. I was gasping for air, as if I just ran a 100 meter race against a cheetah.

Toby was lying beside me, his hair more tousled, his face perfectly at peace. I watched his chest rise and fall. He didn't die. He's still holding my hand. I didn't let anybody down. I heard a sigh from the other side of the room.

Aaron was sitting in the spare chair, close to the bathroom. The bathroom light was on, and I heard gagging.

"What's going on in there Aaron?"

"Mari + Pregnancy= Morning Sickness. Pretty simple Lynne. We learnt this in high school."

"Well sorry that I wasn't referring to a text book for once." I rolled my eyes and Aaron smiled.

"I love you Lynne. You're just plain awesome."

"You too Aaron." We pointed gun fingers at each other and winked. Gabe rolled in his bed, having the needles taken out of his arms. Missy and Ginny were still asleep, cuddled together. Toby and I were snuggled close, my hand on his chest.

"So you do know Toby has a single friend?"

"Really." Aaron picked at her nails, and she smiled a half smile.

"His name is Jack Douglas."

Her head shot up.

"You don't mean.. JackFilms?"

"Yep. JackFilms."

Aaron's smile widened a bit. I looked at her, finally thinking of a boy who deserved her. Toby muttered something and I had to stifle a laugh.

"What did your man say?" I looked at Aaron, and she was smirking.

"He said, 'hothothot Lynne'."