Ch 6: YouTube Lies

I was in the ambulance; The Paramedics pumping air into my lungs, cleaning me up, and Toby sitting next to me holding my hand. "You'll be fine Lynnie Bear. You'll be fine." Tears were rolling down his cheeks, and onto our clenched hands. I squeezed his hand since I couldn't talk. He smiled and I smiled, or at least I tried. 

The Paramedics got me into surgery first, to take out the bullet and to stitch up any internal organs. "Only her stomach." Dr. Jones said to Toby, who was sitting with me in the blood transfusion room. "Miss Prescott, you have lady luck on your side." Toby looked up into Mrs. Jone's eyes. "She was dead for five minutes. She protected me." Dr. Jones rolled her eyes and said, "Sure she did." and walked out.

"LYNNE!" Ginny hobbled in with Mari and Gabe. Toby fell asleep holding my hand. Toby's eyes flickered open and he stared at Ginny. "And who may you be?" Ginny's eyes widened and she giggled. "I'm Ginny, Lynne's little sister. And your Tobuscus. Are you dating my sister?" She gigged more and curled into my right side. "Maybe." Toby answered and looked up at me. I gave him a dirty look and I squeezed his hand more.

"Ow!" Toby yelled. "That's what you get for flirting!" I giggled and Ginny giggled. A news crew came in and Turned on the camera. "This is Carmen Jones reporting for channel 5 news. So Miss Prescott, how do you feel?" She held the mic up to me and I threw up blood. Toby got up and stood in front of me. "She really wants her privacy right now." Carmen checked Toby out. "And who are you?" She said with a hiss. "I'm Toby Turner, a good friend, now leave."

Carmen left and Mari came out of the bathroom. "Woah.. why'd they make you shirtless?" I looked down, my very light sixpack practically sending off signals, but it had a long line of stitches across it. I pointed to those and she nodded. My bra was showing and I caught Toby eyeing me. "Toby... Bad." He laughed and grabbed my hand.

It was about 5 days later when I came back to Toby's, a new white eyelet tank top on my bed with necessities. Pads, bras, underwear, Toby obviously went shopping when he left me for that one day. I smiled and put them in my bathroom. 

He gave me the room with a bathroom in it. I smiled and I laid down on my bed when Mari came in panting and her eyes wide. "Come Check this out. Now. Hurry!" I got up and walked as fast as I could toward the living room where the Channel 5 News was on and Toby was standing up. 

"This is a weird story." The anchorman said to a blonde girl, Carmen Jones. "And I reported it. Let's watch."

The description of the video was that Lynne Elizabethe Prescott, age 19, just survived her second life or death situation, but we notice one thing. They were shooting before she came in. They watched me and Toby hold hands. After the video They said, "Is he her boyfriend?"

I threw my glass of water across the room. "WHY?!" I stomped out of the room and threw myself on the bed. "Lynnie Bear?" Toby was in the doorway, and he walked over and laid himself next to me. "Lynne, you need to ignore it." I turned over and my eyes were big and teary. "Oh Lynne." He kissed my forehead and stroked my hair.

I sat up and I got to the doorway. "Where you going?" Toby asked. My eyes started watering. "I'm going home. Driving. Walking. I don't care. I need to see my house one more time before I move on into my new life." I walked out of the house and it started raining. I turned on my iPod and I started singing "Not Over You" by Gavin DeGraw. I looked at Toby who was standing on his driveway. "I love you." I mouthed to the image of him as I drove off.

I was on Melrose when I saw my old house. There were people moving in.. on a rainy day. I parked the car and walked up. "I'm Lynne Prescott, I used to live here. Mind if I go in one more time?'' The wife, who's name is Mrs. DeGray, nodded and looked at her little boy, who looked like Joey. 

I ran into the house straight up the stairs, fourth door on the left. I opened it and there it was, my room. All my posters gone, the only thing that remained was the signature of a heart with Toby's name in it with a collage of pictures of him. I snatched up that poster and ran to the car. "Goodbye.'' I stepped on the gas and hurried away to Toby's as fast as I could.

Toby was soaked, sitting on the lawn. "Lynne." He stood up and ran to the car. "Lynne." He dragged me out of the car and he pressed me up against the car. "Toby." He looked into my eyes and leaned in. His mouth grazed mine when he talked, "What do you have there." I showed him and he smiled. "Mm.." He pressed me against him and squeezed his arms and made me warm. "I Love you."

I got onto YouTube, and there in my subscriptions, was a new Toby Turner video, made around the time I was gone. I opened it and it started out with, Hi guys. I have something to say." 

In The Video, Toby looks depressed and teary eyed. This is the dialogue through the video.

"Hi Guys. I have something to say. Today it rains, and with the rain, leaves the most beautiful girl in the world, or universe. I'm in love. And that's a fact. Today is going to be a short video. But if Lynne Elizabethe Prescott, if she is watching this. I need her to know.." His eyes grew wide and happy, like saying my name made the rain stop outside. "I Love You, and I need you more than ever before. I thought I loved you before, but when you protected me when you died, that showed me how much a human who has been through so much care. I love you Lynne."

I started crying, and I looked at the comments. The first comment posted was, "So Happy for you Toby!" All of them were fangirls screaming, "I want to meet her!" and "OMG! IM SO JEALOUS!" and I signed in and put, '' What you don't know you don't know guys, is that I love him too." I clicked Post and waited. It was literally 5 secons before I got about 10 comments. All saying, "LIAR!" and I just smiled. 

LynnieBear245.. Lying? Never. Especially about Toby, YouTube Lies. Not Me.