Ch 8: Flashing Lights

I was laying there at around Two in the morning watching T.V. when my phone rang. It was Missy. "Hey, Missy." I heard a slience on the other line before her voice came in. "Lynne Elizabethe Prescott. Where are you?!" She had a tone of irratation in her voice. I looked at Toby, who was fast asleep, his arms around her waist.

"I'm in Florida right now." I heard a groan. "Have you been good?" I just looked at the T.V. It seemed like there was a haze above it. "I've been fine. Left arm still hurts like hell, but I can write now." I swear I could hear her smile. "Okay Lynne. Why are you in Florida?" I gulped, and she could hear it too. "What are you not telling me?"

"I'm with Toby." I heard her giggle. "Ya'll know that if you do anything serious, you'll have to call and tell me." I just rolled my eyes and Toby moved his arms so they latched around my waist . "Well, I'll do that Missy. I'll talk to you later. It's Two AM here. So Good Night."

I put my phone on the bedside table and I turned to turn off the T.V. when I pulled myself down, Toby was looking at me. "Hey Lynne." I looked at him and smiled. My right hand went up and stroked the side of his face. "Glad you chose the right side of the bed." I giggled and his face came close to mine.

"Good Night." I turned off the lights, and I instantly felt Toby's body against mine. "It's hot.." He laughed and his hands went behind his head. "What?" I just blushed and I closed my eyes. "Nothing." His arms then went around the middle of my stomach. "Good Night." I wanted to cling to him and well... you know.

I woke up around Seven Thirty AM. "Come On.." I yawned and stretched and I felt Toby's arms let go of me and he rolled over. I slowly got up and I fell. "Ouch.." I reached for my arm and I grasped it. "Sh.. Ow.." I balanced myself on my right elbow and propped myself up. I lifted myself up and I stood up wobbly. 

"Mm.." Toby moaned. I crawled onto the bed and looked over his face. He was fast asleep. "Weirdo." I whispered and I crawled off and went to the coffee machine. "They actually have Dunkin Donuts coffee?" I said. "Wow." I turned on the coffee maker and filled it with the crushed coffee and I waited. 

I went to the bathroom to try to tame my hair. "Woah." I looked horrible. My hair was sticking up ever which way, and my face was paler than usual. But it was like that when I wake up. I brushed my hair, and brushed my teeth. I smiled and my face looked better. My freckles stood out against my pale skin, and I looked at my outfit. Boxers and a Beatles T-Shirt. I looked lovely.

I got into my luggage and grabbed a tobuscus shirt, the NO BUNNY NO! shirt, red. I put it on and it gripped to my new figure. I liked it. I put on a pair of dark blue skinny jeans that my grandmother gave me for my birthday. I put on a pair of neon red socks, so a bright red. I then grabbed my dark green tobuscus hoodie and I decided to leave my hair down.

It was around Eight AM when I went to the lobby to grab some grub. "Miss Prescott!" I turned to see the manager coming over to me. "Yes?" He looked at me and smiled. "Are you in Room 305?" I shook my head. "Room 308. Why?" Mr. DeMaggio just looked at me. "Just asking." He turned and went about his business, and I went to grab muffins.

"Can I have Two Blueberry muffins? Oh. No Milk please, allergy. Uh.. I'll take four OJ's." I told the lady at the counter. "Here. Five Ninety Eight Please." I handed her six and said, "Keep the change." I walked back to the elevator and clicked floor 3. I could smell the fresh muffins through the bag. I got off the elevator and opened our hotel door.

Toby was in his boxers standing over his bag. "Oh Hey." I smiled at him and he looked at me. "Hair down for once?" He came over and stroked my hair. "I only get to do this when you take out your ponytail at night." "Food." He instantly stopped and grabbed the food from my hand. "OJ, because I'm allergic to dairy." I said. "Same." He replied. He grabbed two OJ's and a blueberry muffin.

"Mmm.. So Good." I said while After swallowing a bit of muffin. "I know." Toby replied, his already gone. "You eat too fast!" I complained jokingly. "Well, you eat too slow." He said teasingly. "So, when are we leaving this hotel room, unless you don't want to." He teased me with those eyes of him. "Damn it.." He smiled and smiled back. "We are leaving the hotel room."

He got out with a tobuscus shirt, shorts, and heelys. "Let's go." I zipped up my hoodie, put up my hood, and put on sunglasses. "What's up with the Shades?" I pulled them down so he could see my eyes and I replied. "It's raining." He laughed and I put the glasses on him and he smiled. "Okay Okay, Where are we going?" I just pulled him out and we got to the elevator. 

We walked out of the hotel hand in hand. "So Lynne." I looked at him and then I crossed the street. "AMBULANCE!" Toby yelled. He ran toward me, scooped me up, and ran across the street. "Hey!" I giggled and he set me down when a Ambulance and Police Cars drove by. 

Flashing Lights in the rain. I always found it pretty. Toby was looking at them and I looked up at him. The flashing lights reflected in his eyes and his hand grasped mine tightly. "I remember when you were in one and I was with you." He looked down at me and he smiled, his head tilted a bit to the right. "I will never forget." I leaned up against him and His hand deattached from mine, so he could wrap his arm around my shoulders. "I Love You." He whispered into my ear. 

"I love you too." I cuddled up against him and he looked at me. "Well, I'm soaked to the bone, so I don't care where we go now." "Sorry.." He laughed and I took off my hoodie. I held it over us and he laughed. "It'll last.. somewhat."