Ch 1: As Good As It Gets

"Lynne!" I was eighteen, running down the stairs of my grandparents home. It was my eightenth birthday, and I was excited. My parents were coming home! My grandma was standing there with one gift. Joseph, who was my step grandpa, came in with another. "Happy Birthday." They said in a voice that meant, "Bloop you, and we don't care if you never see another birthday."

I grabbed them into a hug, and afterword they santized themselves. "Lynne!" Joey and Ginny, the twins, came bounding down the stairs with two little gifts combined. "We made you something!" Ginny yelled, her little voice cracking on the you. "Thanks you two!" I grabbed them into a bear hug that they loved so much, and they started giggling like mad.

"Mm. Lynne. Hurry up and open your gifts. We don't have a lot of time." I sat at their kitchen table and opened Joey and Ginny's gift. Inside of each little package was a little toy figurine. From Joey there was a Lion and a Bear, representing how I'm strong, and how I give bear hugs. From Ginny was a horse and a reaper, which represents a free spirit, and a revenger.

On the way to the airport so my grandparents can drop us off, my grandma started being a.. well.. you know. Anyway, I was sitting in the middle, and Joey and Ginny were fast asleep. I was listening to Panic! At The Disco, and I guess it might have been too loud because my grandma said, "Turn that crap off. We need to talk." It was funny because I was listening and it said, "have you people ever heard of, closing the Goddamn door!" and I started laughing. "LYNNE ELIZABETHE PRESCOTT!" I took out my earbud and I whispered, "What?"

"You need to get a grip on your life. You're 18, you need to be married, having children, and should be.. a mother." I just rolled my eyes. "Trust me, I am not planning to have children anytime soon." Well, maybe if I just want to have a fantasy life.. "Missy, your mother had you when she was fifteen.'' That's all she does, whines about my mother getting raped.. it wasn't like she wanted it. But she wanted me. That's all that counts.

My father, well, I call him that, he was at the main gate for the LAX airport. "Hey my Sweets!" He picked me up and spun me around. "Happy Birthday!" You can tell that me and him are not related. I got all my looks from my father, who I never met. My mother had the curvy body that I had. She was a ferocious blonde, and she had this crispy sparkly brown eyes, as my 'father' called them. My 'father' had the plain brown eyes with curly brown hair. Ginny and Joey both had hazel eyes, more of a yellowish color, and they had the curly brown hair.

"So Lynnie, what would you do if we got into a car right now and went to the Grove?" I shrieked. "Oh My God!" I jumped into Dad's arms and he swirled me around. "Let's Go!" Daddy, Joey, Ginny and I ran into the airport, straight into our airplane. "Only 5 hours til LA!"