Ch 5: Dead End

I was sitting in Mari's car with her blabbing away. "Oh My God Lynne. You just got the TOBY TURNER to give you his number!"

"Here you are, blabbing away when what you don't realize is that Toby is in the backseat."

Mari turned around and Toby came up. "HEYO!"

"OH MY GOD!"

Mari pulled into the side of the road and held her heart. "Why do guys do that?!" Toby just smiled and looked at me. "So Lynne, where are we going?" Mari and I turned around to stare at him. His eyes grew wide. "What?! I was just asking. How bout my place?"

Toby traded places with Mari and he looked at me from the side. "So Lynne, how have you been doing?" I just rolled my eyes and looked out the window. "Lynne has been stalked by the hottest guy in the world!" Mari yelled, practically drooling in the process. "SHUT UP MARI!" I turned and my eyes were filled with fire. "Well, looks like someone's J-E-A-L-O-U-S."

I fakely smacked Toby in the face. "We're here!" Mari and I gulped for air. Oh. My. God. His house is incredible. Toby opened Mari's door then stared into my window and opened my door. "You know, I have a spare room." Mari and I looked at each other and Toby held out his left arm. "Here." He hooked my right arm around his and I instantly blushed. 

Mari and I walked into the kitchen and there was Gabuscus, who was Mari's favorite. "Oh My Gosh. Hi.." Gabe instantly took a liking to Mari. "Hey. I'm.." Mari's eyes widened as Mari got pulled into a hug. She waved me off and Toby let go of my arm. "Well, I need to make dinner."

"NO!" I yelled. And they all turned to look at me. "I'll cook. I appreciate what you've done for me Toby." He just looked down and smiled. "Okay then." I walked into the room he pointed me too. Fifth door on the left. Meaning he has 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms. Why would he need three bedrooms? 

I shrugged it off and kept walking until I reached the one nice looking door in the hallway; I opened it. "Oh My God.." It was a beautiful room with creme colored walls, red oak floors, and a bed. The bed had white sheets and had a thick red blanket on top. "You like it?" I turned to see Toby in the doorway, his left arm angled against the doorway, his hand in a fist above his head. His legs were crossed. "Yeah. Alot. More like, I'm in love with it!"

I went into the closet, which looked small from the outside, and I looked inside. "Holy Bloop.." It was a walk in closet. Probably a 15x15. All in it were jeans, tee shirts, jacket, and shoes. All the clothes I liked. There was a whole bucket full of rolls, like poster holders. 

I looked at the jeans and one pair striked me. A pair of Black Levis, skinny. Really skinny, luckily I lost weight from not eating all 3 meals they gave me. Wait.. the hospital.. How would they feel about me leaving? Missy. She'd find me. "Oh No." I looked down at the jeans in my hands and looked behind me into the room. "I'm home." I smiled to myself.

I put them on and took off my shirt to reveal one of my birthday gifts. A black bra with red lace lining. "Well.. let's see here." I told myself. I found a pair of white vans with a checkerboard pattern, hightop. A pair of neon blue socks. I slipped those two items on and looked at the shirts. "Perfect!" I yelled. Mari came in to see me standing there with a white eyelet lace tank top on with a mermaid green tobuscus hoodie over it. 

"Woah.. you do look incredible. But how about taking off the hoodie? Considering it's 90 Fracking degrees!" She ripped the hoodie off and hung it on it's hanger. "Now, let's do your hair." She grabbed my right arm and tugged. "Mari! I'm not going on a date!" She raised her eyebrows. "But you want to impress right?"

I walked out into my new room after 15 minutes of hair tugging torture. My bangs were curled, again, and Mari tugged my hair so hard that it went straight. She put it in a pony which the tip of it touched the bottom of my neck. "Woah." Mari and I looked at the doorway to find Gabe standing there. "Trying to impress?" He asked with a hint of sarcasm in his voice. He nodded his head toward me them mouthed, 'Toby?' 

I walked out and Toby was sitting on the couch playing skyrim on his Xbox 360. "Woah.. You look.. stunning." I just kept walking, straight into the kitchen. He followed like a dog chasing a bone. "So Lynne, what's for dinner?" I smiled and looked in his pantry. "You haven't gone shopping, have you?" He shook his head and smiled at me; I could feel that he was the one thing I wanted.

I was sitting in the driver seat of the car he just bought. "I was going to give this to you at the hospital, and here's your iPod." I snatched it from his hand and I asked him. "Where'd you find this?" He instantly had this face where it was warning me it was going to get awkward real fast. "Well.. see.. I found it in your.. heh.. pants." 

I gave him a dirty looked and turned on the car. "You know how to drive right?" He asked me. "No Bloop sherlock.. I was in a car crash, but I know how to drive." He just looked around and put his arm against the window area of the passenger seat. I plugged in my iPod and it went to shuffle. The first song was, "Always" by Panic! At The Disco. "Well.. This went more awkward." He laughed and I smiled. 

I skipped into the next song and it went to "London Beckoned Songs About Money By Machines" by Panic! At The Disco. "That's better." I said and he looked at me. "Which store we going to?" I shrugged my shoulders and stopped at the red light on Melrose. "Why do you need to know? It's food. And I'm paying. Be Thankful." He laughed and tugged the wallet out of my pants. "Hey!!" 

He pulled out a photo of Evan and I at a Panic! At The Disco concert, kissing. "Who's this?" I looked at it and he said, "Boyfriend?" I answered as honestly as I could. "He was anyway, I loved him, but he decided to become a complete asshole." He put the photo back and pulled out my cash, at least $1000 in there. "Woah.. You must come from riches." I shrugged. "My stepdad was a Doctor; My mother was a Biologist. I got an allowence. I saved up. I babysitted for money, worked at Bars.. singing." 

He didn't push the issue and put my wallet back into my front pocket. I pulled into the Vons Pavillions and I parked the car. "Jesus. We drove 30 minutes." I paused the iPod and got out. "Lynne!" He ran up and scooped me up into his arms. "Hey!" He set me down and I ran into the store, not realizing that that playful move would end up ending me. 

I was in aisle 3 when a strange man came up to me. "Remember me?" I looked up into the eyes of madman. They were a dark blue, and I recognized them instantly. "Connor?" He pulled back his hoodie and pulled out a pistol. "Surprise." All I heard was a shot, screams, and a thud of my body hitting the linoleum. 

I awoke into the face of my mother. "Mom?" She lifted me and I looked down, my stomach bloody and my chest heaving. "Honey, it's your time." I felt deattached and I looked down again. My body stopped breathing, my eyes wide open. "NO!" I looked to see Toby running down the aisle full force into Connor. "You Bastard!" 

He started throwing full blown punches right into Connor's jaw. Connor ducked on about the third time and swung low, hitting Toby in the knee. "Lynne was mine, and won't be anyone elses!" Connor screamed, his black hair shaking with his body. Connor pulled out the gun and I fell to the ground. My soul was allowed to touch the floor. Which means..

I grabbed the gun from Connor and I moved back, Toby's eyes wide and Connor's eyes full of fear. "Lynne." My soul shimmered and I was covered in gold, so they could see me. "Thud my chest." I said to Toby. "What?" "GIVE ME LIFE!" He crawled to my body and started to try to get my heart beating, took off his shirt to wrap it around my stomach, giving me CPR. I felt a little bit of tugging.

Connor ran straight into the police. "Connor O'Reilly? Your dead now." They threw him to the ground and put handcuffs on his wrists while 3 paramedics came over. I was watching them when I felt a great tug, and at last it went black. I finally saw through my eyes to see Toby's full of tears. "Lynne?" He pulled my upper body into his, and the paramedics pulled him off of me, I thudded to the floor. "She'll lose blood. We need to hurry."

"Lynne Prescott? Say something so we get reassured." I looked up and blood gurgled through my mouth, but I wanted them to know. 

"Toby. Hold Me.. Please."